• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

logbook for iphone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And you must be a smart a$$ FO. Thanks for posting a snarky link giving zero information I didn't already have complete with the little "was that so hard?" caption at the end. Yup, you're a tool.

LogTenMobile is a great app on the iPhone, and the best way to utilize it is to sync it with its mothership Mac program LogTenPro. I was a PC guy for a couple decades, but switched to a Mac laptop a couple years ago and haven't looked back.

I still use the (still) free LBP importer 'cause I used to use LBP. Only thing is, the importer makes an encrypted file only LBP can read. So until Coradine makes an importer for LogTen, which is supposedly in the works, I've been doing the import/export/import thing between the two programs. That's certainly doable on the Mac since I can run Windows programs on it, too.

I know, it's two thousand fracking nine and this shouldn't be so difficult!

I'm planning to write an app for the iphone that will create a file for importing into LogBookPro - because I am committed to continuing to use LBP but want to do my 'input' while in the cockpit!

I'm planning to write an app for the iphone that will create a file for importing into LogBookPro - because I am committed to continuing to use LBP but want to do my 'input' while in the cockpit!

Doesn't the iphone allow you to export your flight info into a text file, therefore making this effort fruitless?

Doesn't the iphone allow you to export your flight info into a text file, therefore making this effort fruitless?

Technically, Yes. But not very conveniently. Most pilots don't want to go through the formatting necessary every time.

LogTenMobile is a great app on the iPhone, and the best way to utilize it is to sync it with its mothership Mac program LogTenPro. I was a PC guy for a couple decades, but switched to a Mac laptop a couple years ago and haven't looked back.

I'll second that! It doesn't have the capabilities to import an airline schedule 'pairing', but LegTen Mobile is very easy to use. There's not much raw entry involved...put in all the information at the beginning of a trip and then use the 'Next Leg' or 'Return Trip' button and it uses much of the same info as the last leg. I usually only need to update the OUT-OFF-ON-IN times, and 90% of the times are automatically computed, even night time!

Though to get the full capabilities of the program you need LogTen Pro running on a Mac, because LogTen Pro lets you set up things like flight time and duty limits...you can't set them up with LogTen Mobile, Mobile can only monitor them.

I agree the Iphone is a cool device (haven't bought it, yet), but I certianly would not buy it just to use it for a logbook software. Excel is so versital, that you don't need to buy all this stuff just to log your flight hours. I'm able to import my schedule (whether its CrewTrac or Flica) directly into my logbook. No need for any intermediary conduit.

Besides, whether is Apple or PC, they all the same. It all depends on what's your flavor. My flavor is, and will always be, PC. I've use Apple computers before, and no difference. Just don't like the interface.

Latest resources

Back