logbook for iphone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

glasspilot

Okay, I know there is a lot going on and this doesn't rank very high on the priority list, but...

I am so mad at logbookpro right now. They have a great program and I've been using it for years, but...

I am tired of toting around a PDA and two cell phones (mine and my company one). So I ditched my iphone and got a palm treo 650. No good as it locked up and crashed all the time. Also I couldn't answer a phone call cause that locked it up too. I'd have to let it ring and then call them back. Not a good trait in a phone to not be able to answer it!

So then I got a Palm Treo 750 mobile PC type. It ran the APDL for logbookpro but the screen didn't fit the program and I had to use the scroll bars to see the data entry page. Unusable. So now I'm back to the iphone.

NC at LogBookPro refuses to support iphone or BlackBerry, even though we ALL fricken use blackberry! WHY WON'T HE SUPPORT common phones like BlackBerry and iphone.

My latest attempt to solve the issue is to use LogTen for the iphone and then export it to excel and then save it as a CSV file and then import it to LogBookPro. It's a ton of work and I can't believe there isn't an easier solution in 2009 for Christ sake.

Anybody have an easier solution? I'm desperate over here. Oh, and my condolences to the folks who are or are about to be furloughed. Again, I'm a bit ashamed to be whining about silly things like this during times like these...but I need help.

P.S.

Hey NC! SUPPORT THE F'ING IPHONE AND BLACKBERRY ALREADY! Sure it'll cost a few bucks up front but you'll get TEN TIMES the money back in a month!!!! Why can't you see that? That's why engineers make horrible entrepreneurs.

nice link and you're a tool. Of course I tried that already.

I don't know why you people whine about things like this. If you are not satisfied with the product you purchased, then find something that will suit your needs and be happy. Besides, one thing remains the same in all these logbook softwares, its all spreadsheet technology.

I here Logbook Pro is charging for their importer....ROLMAO:rolleyes:!!!! You guys are like tits on a cow. What's it feel like being milked?

Last edited:
Also I couldn't answer a phone call cause that locked it up too. I'd have to let it ring and then call them back. Not a good trait in a phone to not be able to answer it!

Especially while in rest! :)

According to the website, schedule importer is free now, but with version 8 there will be a "small" fee to access the schedule importer portal. This is due out later this year.

LogBook Pro Schedule Importer

I still can't believe they won't support the fricken iphone or blackberry.

I still can't believe they won't support the fricken iphone or blackberry.

That's because LBP is (poorly) authored in Microsoft Access. By design, it's not easily portable to other platforms. He'd actually have to do some work writing code, and we know that's not gonna happen.

So have they change their position on this???

Multiple times, actually. In October of last year they stated the the importer would remain free "for the foreseeable future." They are not currently charging, but like glasspilot posted, there is now the note about charging in the future. All I know is when it starts costing me money, I'm ghost.

Latest resources

Back