Locking on the Ramp

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GravityHater

Is this one of those "should do's" or "must do's"?
Ie for a 1/2-1 hr stop, can we leave the door wide open as usual or is that history?

I've kinda wondered the same thing...I know at BOS they'll b!tch, moan and yell that you're going to let the terrorists in if you leave your door open-or have the audacity to walk across the ramp for that matter.

Other than that, I'm a little more casual about it, some of the guys are the opposite.

We were told that if the TSA finds your door open and no one is in or around the aircraft each crew member will get fined 2500 dollars for the first offense and it goes up from there.

Just food for thought.

We lock'em any time we are out of view of the aircraft.

Would you leave your car door open in a parking lot? Could you explain to the boss why someone is onboard his aircraft taking pictures? Is it feasable that your boss carries sensitive information onboard (business deals, stats, etc.)? Use your head - lock it.

AZT

Back when I flew for the commuters (post 9/11) the TSA would look for airplanes with the doors open and wait inside of them until the crew returned and slapped them with a fine. This happened several times where I worked, and the crew got the fine, not the company. Again this is on the airline ramp, but I have no doubt that the TSA sometimes crawls around on the GA ramp, especially at larger airports.

We always lock our airplane.. Baggage and Hell hole doors. Chances are nothing is going to happen, but who'd a thought that a bunch of terrorist could take over a passenger plane with a box cutter. Better safe than sorry.

When they start making airline ramp workers go through security, THEN I'll take the TSA seriously. :mad: TC

When they start making airline ramp workers go through security, THEN I'll take the TSA seriously. :mad: TC

Exactly!!!! Get I get an AMEN????

I have said it before, we are no better off than we were on 9/10/01. Just a glorified welfare program with too much authority, the TSA.

Latest resources

Back