• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lobby for Age 70!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being fit and healthy is half the battle to getting laid- still can't be a ******************************- but you can be a tipsy idiot and as long as you got a nice stomach and she's just as drunk- you are good to go....
#4 on the secret to happiness
;-)

This point of view seriously sucks! Yes, I do expect you to go get a different career at 60. That's what I would expect to have to do. That's apparantly what Pilotyip has done. What's so special about you?

I don't think any of you really understood that it was somewhat remarkable to just make it to 60. Age 65 isn't going to help in the long run. There are going to be no less of us who might find ourslves needing to work past retirement. All that has happened is a very few have taken an inordinate benefit in the near term.

I asked Prater why he changed age 60. He told me "because we're all in this together". He refused to explain to me how "together" it is to have basically the same number of pilots working past 60 as there who are furloughed. If we're so "together" then age 60+ pilots should not be bidding their full seniority and there should be no more allowed to fly than there would be to make certain than there are none involuntarily furloughed.

I'm not saying it isn't unfortunate for those who are furloughed or can't upgrade that the wait is longer due to age 65 or whatever it ends up if it goes higher. I am saying loud and clear I do not want to do anything other than fly airplanes to make money and I would bet 99 percent of pilots would agree they want the same. I'll be all for age 60 or some other arbitrary number the day we all have a guaranteed good retirement that starts on that birthday. That is never going to happen so I guess I'll just have to want what is actually in the best interest of the vast majority of pilots whether they wish to believe it or not. Yes, changing the rules at this time in the game will harm some, but the majority can at least reap the benefits. I fly for a company that doesn't have a mandatory retirement age and I will be an FO for probably at least a decade partially because of this, but at least I will be able to hang it up when I or the medical examiner see fit.

Latest resources

Back