• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

little venting........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's their call, because it is their airplane.
Yeah, and when they keep hosing people on charges, they'll stop renting and the place will go out of business.

Like the other flight school on the field here in Nashville.

Times are hard, running off your customers is NOT smart in the GA business right now.

Unlikely.

No one ever made fun of the major airline pilots or major players for the charter or corporate gigs on the field.

Ever.

Stuff like that comes back around and bites you in the butt when you're finally looking to move up and on.

Sounds like you've forgotten how the game works.

Sounds like YOU have forgotten how the game works. Don't like their rental rules? Buy your own airplane. Don't want to or can't? Follow thier rules. Either way, learn you can't piss off people who have power over you, or you'll never get anywhere smoothly. That lowly CFI has the power to deny you a rental. If your attitude sucks, he'll make it harder for you.

The arrogant airline/corporate jet guys were always the biggest "mark" out there. The one who came in and said "I need to re-learn small airplanes" got the 1.5 and the white glove treatment. Mr God of aviation got 10 hours and made fun of when he left for his crappy landings and ham hand on the controls. All the FBOs and CFIs in the area were the same way, and when Mr God of Aviation told me off and went elsewhere, I usually heard about it, and he got the same treatment at the new place. We all knew who they were, and we all compared notes.

Yes, but you misunderstood in what context.

I said they wouldn't laugh and make fun of the guy behind his back. One of them would eventually say something and it would get back to the guy who rented.

The Charter / Corporate world is VERY small. One thing like that can ruin a guy's prospects on a field. Saw it more than once in Nashville, guys had to move away somewhere or pay the $15k or more to become a Jetstream F/O at a regional.

Wow, what big fish in a small pond. What is it about Lear Jet guys thinking they have a ten foot Johnson?

So lemme get this straight... you're gonna "ruin a guys career" because he ran his mouth about what a jerk you were to him when you came out to rent a 152 and he followed the rules his boss gave him?

I used to run an FBO. You were the guy I told I didn't need your business. The liability isn't worth the 0.5 every 90 days. Good day sir!

Jeez dude, you're about 2 weeks behind the times with this post. But thanks for resurrecting the flame.

Doesn't have anything to do with flying a Lear - that's just the s/n I've had since back when I DID fly Lears (last full-time Lear gig was sometime in '98). So pop a Prosac and LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS!

I'm glad you ran an FBO. Good for you. I was the Chief Pilot over at the charter group that made sure none of the little pr*cks from the flight school made it across the hall. We were laid back and fun while still being professional and only brought people over who were the same. If you were cool at the school, you could come fly with us. It was that simple, and don't even TRY to tell me it was any different where you came from.

Didn't need any "1.5 hour white glove" anal wunderkids in our midst.

Still don't. Life's too short to fly with people like that.

p.s. You missed the part where the OWNER of the flight school told the goofball instructor to STFU. Not everyone thinks as anal as you do.

Last edited:
Jeez dude, you're about 2 weeks behind the times with this post. But thanks for resurrecting the flame.

Doesn't have anything to do with flying a Lear - that's just the s/n I've had since back when I DID fly Lears (last full-time Lear gig was sometime in '98). So pop a Prosac and LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS!

I'm glad you ran an FBO. Good for you. I was the Chief Pilot over at the charter group that made sure none of the little pr*cks from the flight school made it across the hall. We were laid back and fun while still being professional and only brought people over who were the same. If you were cool at the school, you could come fly with us. It was that simple, and don't even TRY to tell me it was any different where you came from.

Didn't need any "1.5 hour white glove" anal wunderkids in our midst.

Still don't. Life's too short to fly with people like that.

p.s. You missed the part where the OWNER of the flight school told the goofball instructor to STFU. Not everyone thinks as anal as you do.

Wow. The only response I can give is thanks for making my point for me.

You, too.

Guys like you are the reason that more than one major airline has an interview list that the other pilots get to see to make sure they don't have to fly with some jerk they got stuck with for a month (or even a 3-day trip with) and was miserable.

But hey, you don't believe in those kinds of lists, do you?

Too bad. Guess you don't need to work at Southwest or AirTran. ;)

You, too.

Guys like you are the reason that more than one major airline has an interview list that the other pilots get to see to make sure they don't have to fly with some jerk they got stuck with for a month (or even a 3-day trip with) and was miserable.

But hey, you don't believe in those kinds of lists, do you?

Too bad. Guess you don't need to work at Southwest or AirTran. ;)

What you just said makes no sense, but that's ok. I don't expect you'll be interviewing anytime soon. If you qualified for a real airline job, then you wouldn't be where you are now, would you? Looser.

Latest resources

Back