• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lightweight Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want a light headset, by all means get the 750 or 850.

If you want to hear when you're 60, get the Sennheisers.

Try doing a search for a thread about the Telex 850.

I started it a few months back when I was trying to decide what to get.

A lot of good info about the 850 on that thread from many people.

I've had them for several months now and really like them. They work great in the CRJ

Had the 850s and sent them back after 2 weeks of use. Not quiet enough and my volumes were still way too high like the guys that use 750's with plugs. I now use the Sennheiser HMEC-25KA with rechargable Energizers and theyre great. Quiet and light. The 3 main categories of headset in the CRJ are
1-Captains with David Clamps that didnt want to get something new after upgrading from the Brasilia
2-The 750 with plugs gang
3-Other

ALPA discount?

I know we used to get an ALPA discount on Sennheiser headsets in addition to interest free financing....does anyone know if this is still the case?

every two months . . .

... someone asks this question and the answer is still the same as far as I'm concerned, save your money and buy the auricomms, www.quiettechnologies.com.

Cheaper then all the other headsets out there.

Lightweight.

Easy to use.

Easy to adapt to them (how to use the earpiece).

No more headset hair.

Stereo / mono option.

This is my suggestion and I have approved this message.

Check out www.pantherelectronics.com I'm currently running a try out. Buy the headset and use it for 45 days. If you don't like it then return it to me for a full refund less the cost of making the ear molds. About 60 dollars.

PM me for more info.

RidddleRat said:
I know we used to get an ALPA discount on Sennheiser headsets in addition to interest free financing....does anyone know if this is still the case?
I ordered mine directly through Sennheiser... the number is on their website. The ALPA people just order it from Sennheiser anyway, so I figure I'd skip the middleman while getting the same deal.

Hey,
I used the Telex ANR 500 for over a year, not that great in the CRJ with the old wipers, new wipers it's ok. I then bought the Bose X, huge difference, what anr is all about. As far as all the other choices make sure they have TSO approval since headsets are required per 121 below 18,000 and if it doesn't have TSO approval it is not a "headset".
PBR
It's only gonna be awhile till some FAA putz takes this and runs amok.

Re TSO

please post the TSO facts and regs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back