• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lights on Airliners for ice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time out, you guys have it all wrong. The only reason that there are "highly qualified guys" flying the 777 is due to one fact called senority. 777 operators are the airlines and all the openings happen to go to senior guys-end of story. Anybody can fly the airplane, it is just another airplane, the systems are simple. The lifestyle, life situations, and emergencies are what makes the diffrence. Getting along with people, I have 50 pursers on our airline, I might as well be married to 50 diffrent women, everyone puts stuff in a diffrent place in the galley. I think they do it so you have to come and "ask them for it". The galley is their domain, the flight deck mine. Like home, the kitchen belongs to the women, and the comfi seat in from of the big screen TV belongs to the "Big Kahahuna". Anyway, enjoy being young and the trip up the ladder because as soon as you get there you wil begin the trip down the ladder. The one done is no fun.

I think some of you looked into my posts way too deeply. I was using the widebody airliners as a comparison that more people could relate to, since less people on this board are or have been involved in corporate aviation. Everyone seems to think that just because RJ pilots are hired with 900 hours and work for nothing, and since its as large as a Gulfstream, that the same situation should be okay in a G-IV. They ARE two different worlds, with two different payscales, and the Gulfstreams should be at the top end of the corporate flying side. Having flown corporate, I know that any company that can afford to buy an airplane like a G-IV can afford to pay two experienced pilots to sit up front. If they are hiring a 900 hour pilot, it is because they are either too cheap to pay someone with experience, or the head of the operation has an ego problem and doesn't like flying with another experienced pilot in the cockpit. I've seen outfits like this before. Again, I'm not blaming Gearmonkey....he has been offered a chance to build valuable experience and he chose to take it, so good for him. I'm done now.

Latest resources

Back