• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Life on reserve at swa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I know that film crew could give the kid a sandwich....

But you know I've been doing a lot of thinking, spent some time working it out, and I've solved world hunger. You want to solve world hunger, stop sending em food folks, don't send them another bite. If you want to help, do your part in some way, Send them Uhauls. Send them luggage. Send them a guy, that pulls them aside and says 'So...it occurred to me as we've been bringing your food here for, oh ...the last 30-40 years, that there wouldn't be world hunger, if you people, would live WHERE THE FOOD IS!!!! "
RIP Sam ;)!
"you know what this is... It's sand..."
Mostly wrong, we need to send the condoms.

We just want to hire people who really want to be here, not someone who is asking him/herself, do i really want to work at SWA?
You guys always say this, but it's not really the truth. You hired many pilots in the mid-2000s that were furloughed from legacy airlines where SWA wasn't their first choice. I have several friends at SWA who poo-poo'd the idea of going to SWA in the late 90's, but after a furlough and months of joblessness, they decided to throw their app in at SWA. They still asked themselves "do I really want to work at SWA?" They got hired, and they're happy... but they didn't know they really wanted to work at Southwest.

Full disclosure: I poo-poo'd the idea of working at FedEx in the late 90's, asked myself in 2005 if "I really wanted to work at FedEx..." but I'm there now, and love it, so I know how opinions change.

And hopefully this place will change the minds of even the most disappointed AT pilots-
The culture is always about winning the hearts and minds- over time. Hell, there are plenty of discontented pilots that have been here for a decade -a model employee when hired but devolved into a$$-
But I do want "true believers" and don't like the homogenization of airline pilots- esp at swa- this place is better and we ought to reward it for acting right.

There will be AAI pilots who never get over SL10, there will be SWA pilots who will never get over SL10...nothing you can do about it, try to keep it professional at work...

Yeah but there influences- good old fashioned peer pressure, pointing out the usair's and legacies where employees really got screwed, calling them stupid, etc etc

That's professional isn't it? ;)

Of the 140 newhires, how many will be stuck on reserve in OAK considering no further hiring? If you are in one of the first classes can you be pretty sure to get PHX rather quick or maybe even from day one?

Of the 140 newhires, how many will be stuck on reserve in OAK considering no further hiring? If you are in one of the first classes can you be pretty sure to get PHX rather quick or maybe even from day one?

If you are in one of the first few classes you shouldn't be in OAK for more than a month.. For Dec. there were 41 resv. lines and in PHX 57 resv. lines. If you are a west coast commuter life should be good fairly quickly. East coast commuter.. not so much.. as of today anyway. If you are in one of the new hire classes next yr.. Welcome

Latest resources

Back