Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Long Horn, it was in reference to this:

Goose17 said:
I have heard from a couple people now that LIDO might be going away. Included in the rumor is word that Jep threatened to take all their shipping business to a certain brown carrier. Also on a side note, the A-380 has Jep electronic flight bag from what I have heard.

You know rumors, don't believe them until you see it yourself.

Goose17

Ahh...thanks. Is it Longhorn....um, or Long Horn :)

The JetBlue Chief Pilots said we're saving approximately $26,000 a month by switching to LIDO charts from Jepps. If that's true, than I'm all for them.
They're not better or worse, just different. For the money savings it's definitely worth the switch!

Boeing OWNS Jeppesen...

Longhorn said:
??? they are not Boeing Jepps. They are a approach plate system designed by luftansa (sp?)

Its not real visible but Boeing OWNS Jeppesen.

Boeing also just bought Carmen.. an IT Scheduling/Airline Operations Support Company..
Its only natural that AIRBUS may seek out other EFB options

The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] today announced it has reached an agreement to acquire Carmen Systems, a leading provider of crew scheduling and disruption management software to the world's airlines and railroads.

The move will add Carmen System's state-of-the-art expertise to Boeing's operation services through its Jeppesen companies, and reflects Boeing's strategy of providing its customers with innovative products and services to help them run their business efficiently and profitably.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back