• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

8vATE

Cruel, Nice, Whatever
New cost saving measures going on ....
The Jeppesen near monopoly prices have forced our leaders to go to the Germans..

I'm curious of other's experiences...

There have been several errors in taxiway depictions, runway length and other comments made about the charts..

Any interesting comments from you guys/gals?

I "love" the European/ICAO stuff.
Aerodrome....
How quaint..

I did my 1st trip with them last week. I'm less than impressed.

Having the textual description of the SIDs on a different page is a real pain in the butt. Not having all of the airports frequencies displayed on every chart is a pain. The inconsistant crossing restrictions are a violation waiting to happen. (I think its the Lendy arrival, there is a crossing with no altitude, but no ball flag either. If you glance at the chart, you don't notice the altitude restricition is in a plain text box thats not marked by a ball flag)

Yep... less than impressed.

Last edited:
Had a few trips with them and I like it better. Certainly different but I found a lot of info much easier to find. Neither are perfect.

It'll take some getting used to. Not better or worse, just different. Don't like the size o' the charts we use, though.

Thanks for the info, LA. I guess we're probably a long way from getting those at Airtran, but at least I don't have to scratch my head wondering what LIDO stands for! :) Cheers!

Isn't the LIDO version to supplement the EFB? Are you guys using EFB's at JBLU and FedEx? Anyone know the actual cost difference between Jepp and LIDO?

Latest resources

Back