letter from retired AAA captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wave;
From your type written words to a DFR lawsuit. We need to see if we will keep ALPA or not. If we are sucked into the USAPA machine, look for lots of litigation....The good news you ask? The opposition lawyer's children all get new BMW Z4 roadsters as a highschool graduation present!!

If we keep ALPA, then the ball is in Prater's court regarding the JNC participation of the AAA pilots. Gee, I wonder if Prater will act like a president of a labor union??

Stagnation in regards to airframes. Recall was due to 400 plus leaving a year.

Hey Dave, how did your merger with Mountain Air get handled in 1998?

Marty

Marty;
Yes they say the 737's are going to be replaced, but I have heard that when the leases come up....low and behold LCC keeps them at a good rate. No proof, but since LCC is still hiring and not reducing in force on the east...that would lend to this theory. In other words if you are replacing airplane for airplane, there should be no need to hire...right? Hiring stagnation briefly as a result of age 60/65...but the beat goes on.

They are hiring because of retirements and pilots leaving for greener pastures, as well as medicals. This is not growth. The East was running short for years, they just finally ran out of wiggle room. One look at the fleet count proves this is not growth.

I hope you are correct about the 737's

cactusboy- there might be a good reason for this- but why do you have to wait? Doesn't alpa currently represent AAA- and haven't THEY been in violation of the transition agreement by walking away for some time now?

educate me
thx

Stagnation in regards to airframes. Recall was due to 400 plus leaving a year.

Hey Dave, how did your merger with Mountain Air get handled in 1998?

Marty

I was hired at AWAC after MAX was aquired by AWAC, so I was below them in seniority anyway. AWAC had two classes before (Jan & Mar I think), so I believe that those groups were placed according to relative seniority of some sort, NOT DATE OF HIRE.

I was just basking in the right seat of the BAe146 as a new hire (line holder, no less!!). I guess UAL just kicked some dirt bag (J.O.) and his company off the property, and said they (UAL) never wanted to see them ever again. Funny, huh?

cactusboy- there might be a good reason for this- but why do you have to wait? Doesn't alpa currently represent AAA- and haven't THEY been in violation of the transition agreement by walking away for some time now?

educate me
thx

Wave;
That is the $120,000 a day question. The answer might only be found in the phrase: Hindsight is always 20/20. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...

What Prater should have done is examine the award and deliver it within 30 days of getting it. He then should have instructed the AAA group to return to the JNC table ASAP. The window for significant contract improvements was open then (perhaps not so much now).

We will see what this vote brings, and then what further guidance from ALPA National (if they remain). ALPA is still the quickest way for money to return (especially) to the east pilot's pockets.

Latest resources

Back