• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

letter from retired AAA captain

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So how do SWAPA, APA, and IPA pilots survive without the mighty ALPA?
They don't. They pay ALPA unbelievable amounts of money to do the things for them that they can't do themselves.

Not going through CH11 doesn't hurt, either.

Turbo

Right, because pilots prior to 9/11 had a crystal ball.....

In addition, those in house unions have ZERO say in cabatoge, the MPL issue, foreign ownership/control, the effect of global alliances and transnational airlines... all forces that will effect them...

right-- as if alpa has a ton to say on those issues- and why support it anyway if- like 65- the leadership fulfills it's own agenda anyway- at some point you have to ask- why do i keep empowering these guys?
sincerely,
devil's advocate

p.s. the implication is that the alpa contracts are what drove those companies into bk- nothing could be further from the truth.

....ALPAs already rolled over on the MPL issue....They aren't even opposing it....Why not Rez?

....ALPAs already rolled over on the MPL issue....They aren't even opposing it....Why not Rez?
Why don't you call the DC office and ask Paul Rice? Naw, you'll just keep running your mouth here instead. :rolleyes:

Why don't you call the DC office and ask Paul Rice? Naw, you'll just keep running your mouth here instead. :rolleyes:

The ALPA magazine said that MPL was coming and that ALPA wanted a seat at the table for how to implement it.....Pretty clear to me.....

Are you saying that article on MPL was incorrect?

I would assume that if they were opposed to the idea of a MPL they would state it.....

The ALPA magazine said that MPL was coming and that ALPA wanted a seat at the table for how to implement it.....Pretty clear to me.....

Are you saying that article on MPL was incorrect?

I would assume that if they were opposed to the idea of a MPL they would state it.....
If you already know the answer, then why are you asking the question?

If you already know the answer, then why are you asking the question?

Because you implied that my information was incorrect....If you have information that contradicts what the ALPA rag said....then spill the beans...

Maybe I will give ALPA kudos if they actually fight the MPL.....So I will ask again.....Does ALPA oppose the MPL? A simple Yes or No will do......If the answer is yes....then I will support them in that endeavor.....

Because you implied that my information was incorrect....If you have information that contradicts what the ALPA rag said....then spill the beans...
I wasn't implying anything. You asked a question that you apparently already knew the answer to. Seems pointless to me. If you don't understand their explanation, then again, call the DC office or Herndon and ask someone. The phones really do work up there, Joey. Maybe you should try them out instead of just posting your complaints here.
Maybe I will give ALPA kudos if they actually fight the MPL.....So I will ask again.....Does ALPA oppose the MPL? A simple Yes or No will do......If the answer is yes....then I will support them in that endeavor.....
Again you're asking a question that you already know the answer to. Why? I can assure you that the personal opinions of pretty much everyone in Herndon are opposed to the MPL. That doesn't mean that they're going to beat their heads against the wall trying to stop something that can't be stopped. It seems that that's what you'd have them do.

Latest resources

Back