Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's use 400K piano pushers as an example.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frog,
Do you think that the DRC has merit? If so, why are you confident that it should go forward? The only legs you have to stand on is a few quotes from GK that he was keeping the 717.

Wasn't there something earlier on here about stage hands making $400k/yr? :rolleyes:

If the rally was to support SWAPA and not management, why was it conducted at corporate HQ? Why did management reps come out and talk to the group. Why did SWAPA specifically tell reporters they were there to support their management? Are you saying your union lied to its membership about the reason for the rally? That is just insane.

I mean seriously, you gotta come up with something better than that. You two were in bed together whether you think so or not.

Frog,
It was at HQ to get their attention.

It was not SWAPA organized. It was membership organized. Swapa took control of the message and distorted it. Why? Who flippin knows!

I did not see or talk to a manager the whole time I was there and I stayed most of the time.

Now why don't you at least appear to stay close to the facts.

Are you saying your union lied to its membership about the reason for the rally? That is just insane

Yes, that is what I am saying.

Insane, yep. True, yep. Sad that it is true, yep. Question, do you believe and agree with everything told to you by your MEC during this process?

Red already said it frog-

Unless you were senior enough to upgrade a couple years early (then be stuck on reserve as senior air tran capt's come in over the top) what did FOs at SWA get?

You guys refuse to accept that pilots could get the air tran job with a lot less time and effort and so have a lot of capt's younger than a lot of us- it's not personal, it's demographics-
Relative seniority is ridiculous- doh is terrible bc it throws in the trash all the extra time and effort it takes to get the SWA pilot job-

I figure I lost 2 years of seniority with the deal we got-
Living with it and moving on-

You spout that victim doh relative seniority crap online you will be told off- nobody feels bad for you and the deal you got.

You honestly tout adding an ATL base as a positive for SWA pilots- we already had 9 bases coast to coast- ? That's just a dumb argument to anyone who's ever been to Atlanta. The place ain't that hip man.

So again- what did a JUNIOR SWA FO get out of this deal? Name one positive thing not totally overshadowed by 2/3 of your YOUNG airline coming in over the top of us

I can see your side- and I get that this is a disruption to your life- can you see how this vastly changes things for junior FOs at SWA- you know, the ones who aren't so senior it doesn't affect them and aren't senior enough to get the upgrade-

My life is unimproved- but as more and more air tran guys come in over the top....

You spout that victim doh relative seniority crap online you will be told off

I never spouted anything about relative or doh. My problem is with GK/SWAPA conspiring to deny us our date with an arbitrator thru the use of threats and ultimatums. Having a fair minded individual (or group of individuals as would have been the case) make the decision obviously scared SWAPA and uncle Gary made sure it didn't happen.

My life is unimproved- but as more and more air tran guys come in over the top....

What about when the hundreds that were stapled come over?

You honestly tout adding an ATL base as a positive for SWA pilots- we already had 9 bases coast to coast- ? That's just a dumb argument to anyone who's ever been to Atlanta. The place ain't that hip man.

Then why did it go so senior? It's a 1 leg commute to about anywhere in the US with a lot of frequency on Delta.

So again- what did a JUNIOR SWA FO get out of this deal? Name one positive thing not totally overshadowed by 2/3 of your YOUNG airline coming in over the top of us

They got less than some but what did they expect? Our capts will have 20+ years seniority and are headed to the right seat and your 2 year FOs are mad because they didn't get enough out of the deal. Nice. I sure wish they would have had the opportunity to make their case to an arbitrator.

Last edited:
The sad part is that you denied yourself the chance at arbitration and you continue to blame everyone else. All you had to do was vote down SL 10 and run out the clock. You chose to vote yes and now it is everyone else's fault?

I know, I know. Big bad Mr Kelly threatened you.

Last edited:
The threats were nothing more than a negotiating tactic. How would you know how I voted anyway?

Latest resources

Back