Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's use 400K piano pushers as an example.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We did better than you, because we were already SWA employees...this was never going to arbie, should have taken SL9... no one is buying your BS except the 30 or so AAI whiners on here and a few SWA bashers...it was never the same career and you only did so well because M-B was in play, if you weren't such an entitled p?!#% you would admit that you are lucky to have a job at SWA and your better off...

We did better than you, because we were already SWA employees...this was never going to arbie, should have taken SL9... no one is buying your BS except the 30 or so AAI whiners on here and a few SWA bashers...it was never the same career and you only did so well because M-B was in play, if you weren't such an entitled p?!#% you would admit that you are lucky to have a job at SWA and your better off...

Way to keep that reputation alive.

The first deal was rejected because it was an insulting offer. The second deal was accepted (by a bunch of weak individuals) because Gary and Co. made a bunch of scary threats...not long after SWAPA rallied around HQ in his support. Everyone who isn't a SW pilot seems to know how this thing went down.

By stating that the first deal was insulting means that you were expecting relative. So you were just as out of touch as the SWA dudes that were chanting staple.

Might want to get your timeline straight if you are going to spout off "facts". The rally that you are referencing happened very early in the process. It was waaaayyyy before SL9 was even on paper. That rally had absolutely nothing to do with supporting GK. It was meant to be a show of support for SWA pilots and OUR seniority.

So, you can be po'ed about the deal all day long; most of us don't give a hoot. What I do know is that most SWA guys did not and will never gain one thing from this deal.

By stating that the first deal was insulting means that you were expecting relative. So you were just as out of touch as the SWA dudes that were chanting staple.

It means no such thing. I don't know where you got that from.

Might want to get your timeline straight if you are going to spout off "facts". The rally that you are referencing happened very early in the process. It was waaaayyyy before SL9 was even on paper. That rally had absolutely nothing to do with supporting GK. It was meant to be a show of support for SWA pilots and OUR seniority.

Every word of that sentance is simply incorrect. The rally was in support of management, right after our MEC rejected the first proposal...that according to your SWAPA comm chairman comments to the media. I guess he didn't know why he was there, right?

So, you can be po'ed about the deal all day long; most of us don't give a hoot. What I do know is that most SWA guys did not and will never gain one thing from this deal.

More delusional comments. If you didn't gain anything what happened to our seniority and captain seats. Someone got 'em.

Jackie jackie jackie...... 800 upgrade in two years? At least 800 got something.... of course they will be on reserve for years to come.... same kind of crappy deal that was offered with sl9................ poor seniority and staple of half the fat fos..... relative was an opener... not realistic in my eyes.if you look at a 2004 rsw vs 2004 fat...... one is reserve captain the other is just above reserve at over half the bases...... fair and equitable?

Every word of that sentance is simply incorrect. The rally was in support of management, right after our MEC rejected the first proposal...that according to your SWAPA comm chairman comments to the media. I guess he didn't know why he was there, right?

Ok, maybe I inferred more from your statement about the first offer than you were implying. Second, I was at the rally. I know when it took place. I also know why most everyone else was there because I talked to many of them. SWAPA changed the message. Go ask anyone who was there if SWAPA stated their intentions correctly?

It means no such thing. I don't know where you got that from.

More delusional comments. If you didn't gain anything what happened to our seniority and captain seats. Someone got 'em.

Believe what you want, however, THAT does not make you correct. I already told you the comm chair made comments contrary to why SWA pilots were at the GO. You are believing a quote, but not believing the intent of individual pilots present at the rally.

Clyde do us all a favor, including yourself, when you transition try to put anger and angst behind you.

Jackie jackie jackie...... 800 upgrade in two years? At least 800 got something.... of course they will be on reserve for years to come.... same kind of crappy deal that was offered with sl9................ poor seniority and staple of half the fat fos..... relative was an opener... not realistic in my eyes.if you look at a 2004 rsw vs 2004 fat...... one is reserve captain the other is just above reserve at over half the bases...... fair and equitable?

So in your premise, both companies where equally weighted? It never was a merger of equals in that regard JT. I'm sorry if you bought off on that.

I looked at your proposal of 2004 hires from both companies.

2004 RSW - The absolute most junior CAs in the system right now, so you are correct. The most bottom of the barrel in that regard.

2004 FAT - Not close to being 'just above reserve'. Nice try though. Their relative Southwest number is in the 82600 range. They could hold any base in the system that they wish.

Here's the percentages in some of the bases (for a 82600 pilot) that I looked up.

OAK - 38%
LAS - 36%
MDW - 57%
BWI - 67%
MCO - 55%

Does that look like 'just above reserve' to you? PS- Reserve at SW is around the > 93-95% range. We don't carry much reserve when compared to other large 121 companies.

So as you can see, your attempt at an inflammatory argument doesn't hold water.

Ok, maybe I inferred more from your statement about the first offer than you were implying. Second, I was at the rally. I know when it took place. I also know why most everyone else was there because I talked to many of them. SWAPA changed the message. Go ask anyone who was there if SWAPA stated their intentions correctly?

Absolutely correct here. The rally was a pure grassroots effort to show support for the union. It was completely spun differently after the fact.

DL is taking apps...I bet more RSW pilots leave than "wronged" trannies"...will be interesting to see the hire rate at DL of FAT and FRSW...

Latest resources

Back