Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Punishment?

It's midnight in January. In the pilot's preflight check, the last thing he discovers is there is no one available to help load freight. So, a message is sent to Flight Following to call out a junior DA-20 F/O to help load ,a F/O is rousted from his sleep and dispatched to rectify the situation. First the F/O must get his car running and the battery is dead, which requires his roommate to be rousted out of bed to give him a jump-start. He finally gets to the airport. He arrives at the airplane and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the loading job deliberately and carefully (to do it right) so as to not risk criticism later for not loading properly. As he's leaving the plane, a management representative, stops him and says, "Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be two and a-half hours late in take-off. I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded but severely punished." The poor guy says, "Sir, with all due respect. I'm not your son. I'm a F/O at XYZ Air Charter. I've been at ABC airport for eleven months without any time off. I have only 3 stripes, it's two thirty in the morning, it's twenty degrees below zero, and my specialty is to push crap to the back of an aircraft. Now just what form of punishment did you have in mind?"

Last edited:
It's midnight in January. In the pilot's preflight check, the last thing he discovers is there is no one available to help load freight. So, a message is sent to Flight Following to call out a junior DA-20 F/O to help load ,a F/O is rousted from his sleep and dispatched to rectify the situation. First the F/O must get his car running and the battery is dead, which requires his roommate to be rousted out of bed to give him a jump-start. He finally gets to the airport. He arrives at the airplane and is less than enthusiastic about what he has to do. Nevertheless, he goes about the loading job deliberately and carefully (to do it right) so as to not risk criticism later for not loading properly. As he's leaving the plane, a management representative, stops him and says, "Son, your attitude and performance has caused this flight to be two and a-half hours late in take-off. I'm going to personally see to it that you are not just reprimanded but severely punished." The poor guy says, "Sir, with all due respect. I'm not your son. I'm a F/O at XYZ Air Charter. I've been at ABC airport for eleven months without any time off. I have only 3 stripes, it's two thirty in the morning, it's twenty degrees below zero, and my specialty is to push crap to the back of an aircraft. Now just what form of punishment did you have in mind?"

that is when you quit. i'd laugh if my pager went off to just load freight. where the hell was the other pilot doing the trip? real freight dogs don't get pushed around like that.

That was a take off of a USAF story going around about a lav service tech (blue water) at Tulee (sp?) Greenland.

freight dog if......

nose cargo door flys opens in flight...at night...in the soup...with ice...and you have to stick your left hand out the tiny storm window...put the ac in a slip so that you can catch and hold the F****cargo staps... so that they don't catch the prop....and then fly one handed and land while your left hand gets a coat of rime and an inch of clear.

eeeeehahhhhaaaaa

...you know which model aztecs are capable of handproping and it's really not a problem because the same model is capable of a single engine takeoff...

It is possible to hand prop a "shower of sparks" igintion system engine. You just better have someone that knows what they are doing help out!

hehehe

You might be a freight dog if when you ask the manufacturer's rep a question about your aircraft the answer is "We aren't sure and the gentleman that designed that system is deceased!"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back