Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You get home from flying all night just in time for the kids to wake up so you can babysit them until your flight leaves later that night.

You might be a Freight Dog if....

When Southwest tells approach they will hold while waiting to see if the guy in the 210 behind them makes it in since the Cat 2 is not available. Then you definately are a freight dog for FLX.

Standard 210 cockpit:
GPS (on back order)
Stormscope( permanently removed)
Autopilot (you are so funny)
DME (if dispatch likes you)
LORAN (we do it old school, its for nostaglia)

Freight Dog math: 2 VORs + 1 ADF in Cessna 210 = 1 highly religious pilot with the almighty on speed dial

All jokes aside as a former freight dog and possibly returning, its most likely the hardest but most interesting flying you can do, no autopilot, no copilot, flying in weather no one else will in a POS barely held together. Plus boxes don't B$%^h

I didn't know altitude affected the IPOD's

Autopilot? is that when you rig the gust lock over the yoke to hold it in place while playing "battleship" with your roomate on CO freq (130.65) at 1am over the everglades at 1500ft?

I know mine worked at 17,000 unpressurized.

My Ipod froze up after about 20 minutes at FL190. Another thread explained why this happened and stated that apple rates them up to 10,000 ft. Mine works well up to about 17,000 feet.

You might be a freight dog if.....

You've seen another companys falcon do a u-turn on the ramp because there were feds looking at your plane.

You know which hotel in Laredo gives you free hotdogs, beer and nachos.

Buddy flyin into SAV, on a LOW downwind, saw the fed lear and assorted individuals on the Sig ramp, mysteriously had to divert.

when the controller asks what your descent rate is and you reply "I don't know, the gauge only goes to 10,000 ft/min"

Latest resources

Back