Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
classic

heres a new one for me

When the standard procedure to an airport is...

Shoot the ILS down to circling mins...after you pass a large hill on the left hang a left...fly until you see the river...follow that 20 miles and then right next to another hill is a dirt "drive way" or what looks like one...yeah land a kingair on that...

When you get your "10 hours rest" sitting in the FBO in Laredo waiting for the freight, and when it arrives you find out the company has plans for you for the next 14 hours,

Flying a Navajo, and your right alternator belt breaks, so rather than pull the prop and replace the belt, the boss just pulls the alternator off.

Center asks how the ride is, and you've been getting the crap beat out of you for 20 minutes, and you tell them "it's the worst turbulence I've ever been in", and 2 pax airliners turn around. No questions asked.

When you're more comfortable reading your book while hand flying in actual than in clear skies, since there's less likely to be someone to run into when you're in a cloud.

shortbus driver said:
When the standard procedure to an airport is...

Shoot the ILS down to circling mins...after you pass a large hill on the left hang a left...fly until you see the river...follow that 20 miles and then right next to another hill is a dirt "drive way" or what looks like one...yeah land a kingair on that...

Kinda sounds like our daily run to 1O5 (Montague/Yreka)...

Shoot the NDB to Circling Mins (the only one there is!), turn left and follow the railroad tracks to the town of Montague, watch out for the big hill on the left, the airport is on the west side of the little hill on your right. Enter a left base for Rwy 14 cause the winds will be 140 at 20G30! Land your iced up 402 on a 2700 foot strip, grab the crew car (which has been "profiled" as a drug runner mobile...personal experience here) and head out to The Black Bear Diner for grub! (Or eat a frozen burrito from the fridge at Shasta Valley Aviation...Dave and Christine are good peoples!)

Departures are even more fun...thank God for Uncontrolled airspace to 10,000 a mere 2 miles away!

Eric

CaptainMark said:
i just flew an afternoon trip to LAX with a 60hr layover in Manhattan Beach...and flew the one leg back a couple mornings later..both legs catered...am i a freightdawg?
post removed after deep circumspection, I determined that I have no business posting here. What was I thinking?

Last edited:
One of the real wonders of being a frg8t dawg, it when you do get your dream job at SWA, JB, Airtran, or NetJets, you think you have died and gone to haven. You can not understand why people complain in a perfect job?

One of our pilots left freight-dawging for a gig with Skywest. His Captain let him fly the ILS into SMF one day. He reached over and flicked off the autopilot and started to hand fly. She went ballistic and asked him what he was doing? He said he'd been to this airport a million times and could do it in his sleep. She admitted he flew the ILS better than "Otto" did. For the longest time he couldn't understand what the big deal was hand flying an ILS???

(All the autopilots were removed from our 402's as soon as they broke!)

Eric

Latest resources

Back