Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you've ever spun 360's at the runway hold short line trying to get an angle your antena will transmit to the tower.

If you move to a pax flying job and the instructors always tell you to watch your bank because untill now 45 degrees was a medium bank turn.

If mx tears out more squawk sheets, than they fix.

If you have more written letters of warning than landings in the last month.

If your call sign mysteriously changes to "pathfinder."

If center calls you periodicly and only says "maintain vfr." or "are you vmc?"

If you cancel for icing (they took off the boots and it was a good excuse to get more sleep in a chair) and your "flight followers" wx advice is "The radar is clear."

If you ever had to wait for the courier because they figured there was no way you'd make it and went home.

If you ever got arrested by airport security because you threw freight over the fence at 3 am and they thought you were smuggling something.

If you've ever got in a fight with a line guy for moving your plane around back to make the fbo look more presentable, and your company backs you.

If approach tells you the last three boeings went missed for windsheer and turbulence and your reply "rodger," or approach tells you have to remain vfr in the I 10 corridor (HOU), you cant deviate, and theres a level 4 on that route of flight, "rodger."

If you have no idea what CASS is.

If you ever heard "cleared direct destination, and what will that be?" or "whats your destination?" "wheres that, nevermind cleared direct."

While your IMC on a vector to the ILS you heard the lone guy in the tower say "I got a fire alarm going off. I'm getting outta here, tower is now closed say your intentions."

If you get to your hotel at 7 am and ask the desk clerk if the contiental dinner is complimentary.

If your companys minimums are "If any one asks how you landed just say you had 4 sets of distance markers or could see 9 rows of lights."

If your FO in a 402 paid to be there, or if you've never flown with an FO.

If center says "welcome back" and you didn't know you left.

If you think I'm legal to go direct, class 2 navigation means to the degree required by atc.

If your company reserves a spot on a couch for you at the fbo your going to.

If your first time in the "new" plane your imc trying to figure out which of the 3 vor recievers go to the 2 nav radios.

do you get any extra credit for making a post at 03:04 am?

Last edited:
ratherbeflyen said:
If you ever had to wait for the courier because they figured there was no way you'd make it and went home.

:D I just have to laugh at that one. Been there. Ahhh, the good ole days.

If your FO in a 402 paid to be there.../

Been there...done that. Never again! Guy was an arrogant b@st@rd who thought he knew more about the 402 and my run seeing as how he just got out of ground school and had passed the test. I told him my 1000 hours of 402 time and 2 years on the same run trumps his training. Besides, the first time I let him fly, center cleared him to 7k...he stopped at 6k and argued with not only me but Center that he was at 7k.

I got him off the plane the next week. Threatened to quit.

Eric

Freightdog’s Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of instructing,
And plowed the skies on ice-laden wings.
Moonward I’ve climbed and joined the tumbling turbulence
Of lightning split clouds - and done a hundred things
The Feds have not dreamed of - scud run, busted mins,
Flown handheld, homemade approaches. Yawning there,
I’ve chased the impossible schedule, and flung
My ancient craft through convective sigmets.
Up, up the long over-loaded, over-heating climb,
I’ve topped the MVAs with red-line power,
Where bats and even owls fly,
And while with hypothermic, fatigued mind I’ve trod
The complex, congested New York airspace,
Put out my hand, and touched the de-ice switch.

Cab....

That was brilliant. I think I'll print it out and hand it to all the new hires!!!

*credited of course*

Eric

...I get the call from Focus! :beer: :D :cool: :pimp:

The fr8dawg poem brought a tear to my eye. That was beautiful...just beautiful.

You might be a Fr8dog if...

You might be a Fr8dog if...

the POS crew car at East Pigknuckle Regional is better than the car you drive at home.

Latest resources

Back