Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Knowing if you're a freight Dog is typically hind site. When you do it, it seems
normal. "Circling NDB with one engine out and one on fire, well, at least one is
still running". Years later, you hear FedEx confess that they are really afraid
to do an ILS without a flight director. (a what-what?)

I'm too tired to write more.

CE

CrimsonEclipse said:
Years later, you hear FedEx confess that they are really afraid
to do an ILS without a flight director. (a what-what?)

you got that right...no NDBs either....A full ILS or a GPS approach..that's it!

MY buddy from AirNet was complaining to me that his Baron had a crappy HSI, and he had to include the backup VOR indicator into his scan....he soon apologized for complaining about the HSI. :)

I think if you are scared of ice, thunderstorms, turbulence, heavy rain, snow, pellets, etc, then you are not a freight dawg...if you're prepared to fly in, or around anything, then you are a freight dawg.

Example, we had a guy cancel his entire run on friday night (yeah I know), because of freezing rain in OKC...a freight dog would have looked at the forecast, waited for it to clear in about 2 hours, and then flown in...or come to some other arangement...its about getting the job done.

....when you are checked into two different hotel rooms at the same time in different states

NoPax said:
I think if you are scared of ice, thunderstorms, turbulence, heavy rain, snow, pellets, etc, then you are not a freight dawg...if you're prepared to fly in, or around anything, then you are a freight dawg.

I had a healthy respect and fear for ice and thunderstorms when I was starting out in the AeroStar. That doesn't mean I didn't get the job done. The only trip I ever turned down (in 6 1/2 years of Dawging) was into the big ice storm in Montreal in 1998 and nobody was getting anywhere during that.
If you don't fear what the ice and thunderstorms can do to a s/e or light twin, then you will eventually be the subject of one of those NTSB reports everyone reads and says..."What was that poor dumba$$ thinking?" Then all your friends can start a RIP thread and say what a great pilot you were and how bad everyone should feel for your family.

CaptainMark said:
Before the dream was 3 years of bankcheck hauling..5 legs a night..bur-oak-apa-mdw-bkl-teb and back the next night..i have been in the club for years...

You can still be in the club, you just aren't an active member based on your current job.
Oh...and you haven't paid your dues in a while so just send me the check and I'll make sure it gets into the proper hands. :p

TheBaron said:
You can still be in the club, you just aren't an active member based on your current job.
Oh...and you haven't paid your dues in a while so just send me the check and I'll make sure it gets into the proper hands. :p

if you are living the purple dream...my guess is you will be a widebody fo soon..i will hand you the check personally right after you buy my dinner..

CaptainMark said:
if you are living the purple dream...my guess is you will be a widebody fo soon..i will hand you the check personally right after you buy my dinner..

Next month! :D
You'll recognize me because I'll be the one at the AOC with the $hit eating grin while I jump seat home; not the tired looking one that's been doing hub turns all week. plus I'll be wearing a black leather jacket...

TheBaron said:
Next month! :D
You'll recognize me because I'll be the one at the AOC with the $hit eating grin while I jump seat home; not the tired looking one that's been doing hub turns all week. plus I'll be wearing a black leather jacket...

i will be the one driving home at 1130pm..wearing a white shirt with blue pants with a black leather flight kit....

....when you are checked into two different hotel rooms at the same time in different states

Either that or you're in the Airtanker business or with USFS aviation!

Eric

Latest resources

Back