Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...well, when you just don't care anymore. I mean, what else can I say?

When you blow an engine on your 20 series Learjet on takeoff, and keep on going since its the last leg.

There's more oil in the bottom of the engine cowling than in the oil tank.

You call for your clearance on short final.

You can pull the breaker for the overspeed horn without looking at the panel.

You get an engine fire light at 410 and don't care.

Somewhere, you know there's an FAA inspector in deep counseling after reading this thread!

movingviolation said:
I have every Tower and approach on my normal route on speed dial.

And you aren't a true freightdog if you have a normal route. You are just a pilot that flies freight in a p.o.s. airplane. Had a buddy at Air Cargo Carriers flying the same route for two years and he had the nerve to call himself a freightdog! Canned flightplans are the immunization that prevents you from catching the freightdog disease.

And you're definitely not a freightdog if you went straight from the military to UPS or FedEx.

You are a true freightdog if you've ever read this thread and thought...."man, now thats a GOOD idea."

TheBaron said:
And you aren't a true freightdog if you have a normal route. You are just a pilot that flies freight in a p.o.s. airplane. Had a buddy at Air Cargo Carriers flying the same route for two years and he had the nerve to call himself a freightdog! Canned flightplans are the immunization that prevents you from catching the freightdog disease.

Whats the difference - filed direct is cleared "vectors direct" in my book. Depends where your normal route is in my book.

Its an attitude, not where you're going.

TheBaron said:

And you're definitely not a freightdog if you went straight from the military to UPS or FedEx.

I'll give you that FEDEX or UPS is pretty much just like a legacy pax airline, just has boxes in the back....but just because your flying a canned route, doesn't mean your not a true freight dawg....that would be the same as saying a guy driving a jet vs a prop is not a true freight dawg. (or vice-versa)

True Freight Dawgs have a certain mindset....and you can tell which one's have it just by reading their posts....

smfav8r said:
I'll give you that FEDEX or UPS is pretty much just like a legacy pax airline, just has boxes in the back....but just because your flying a canned route, doesn't mean your not a true freight dawg....that would be the same as saying a guy driving a jet vs a prop is not a true freight dawg. (or vice-versa)

True Freight Dawgs have a certain mindset....and you can tell which one's have it just by reading their posts....

I disagree. If you know where you'll be sleeping every-night, when you'll be getting home, and where you are going to eat tomorrow....you ain't a dawg! Well, maybe one of those pampered little poodles with a funny haircut, but not a real dog. And there are plenty of freight dogs that fly jets, I would never imply otherwise.
As far as mindset, half the Freight Dogs on this board are full of $hit about there exploits and a good bunch of the others are just flat out liars.
If you believe the crap you read everyone here has flown an approach down to 0/0 with one engine out and the other on fire in severe icing...and they do it several times a week!
Actions make you a freight dog; mindset makes you think you are a freight dog.

Ok...you might be a real freight dog if you packed for a week and now you've been on the road 16 days, and you're not sure what city (or country) you are in. Oh yeah, and you just shot an NDB circle-to-land to below minimums with one engine out and the other on fire and...;)

I agree, you are not a true freight dawg if you are on a scheduled route. Sorry all you Airnet and Bankair guys, you are not true freight dawgs. Maybe just a freight dog, but not a true freight dawg.

When you live on a beeper, you don't know where you are going next, when you might be going there, and when you might get back home....you can't remember where you were a week ago, 3 days ago, or even yesterday....and YIP, DET, ELP, and LRD seem more like home than home, then you are a true freight dawg.

If you are flying single engine NDB approaches, with the other engine on fire in severe icing conditions, perhaps in the mountains on a routine basis, then you are soon to be a dead freight dawg.

I guess I should have been a little more specific....

I agree.

You can tell who are the real dawgs on this board just by the REALISTIC stories of "you might be a frieght dawg if......" That's the mindset I was referring too.

But I disagree.

Peak....relaxing canned routes, it may only be for a couple of weeks in Dec, but there still canned routes.....real dawgs fly the canned routes too.;)

Latest resources

Back