• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legs per Day - SWA - Just a data point

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was so hoping this thread was about something other than flying. I thought you had a 3-2-1-4 program or sumpin like that.

More on my data

First, I'd like to say this information was derived from my 2007 logbook. I had a longer leg and was bored. To be honest, I was putting off studying for my upcoming PC. I simply counted legs and days. I did takeout the 5 gate returns that I had.

I bid at about 27% in MDW. As of 3 Feb I will have been here 5 years.

I work a little more than average and probably average picking up 2 days per month extra. I bid strictly based on what days off I need. I don't look at PMs or AMs, overnight cities, or anything else. I've got two very busy boys that I bid my schedule around.

This was just the days I worked. I got 2 weeks of vacation that are not included as "work". I also dropped a few trips due to sick call. I had training (3 days total). One of the three days of training will be conducted at home this year via the computer.

I did not have a LBB overnight. In fact I didn't even go through LBB this year.

I believe the most I flew in one day in 2007 was 6 legs. I did this probably 3 or 4 times. In my first year I flew an 8 leg day. I did this for 2nd year pay. We never left the state of CA. Not something I would recommend in your first month on the line.

Hey, I was just trying to throw some numbers out for those who have questions and are curious of what life is like here. I luv it here. I spent a miserable 20 months at UAL and there is no comparison.

Slug

Last edited:
I don't get much LBB appreciation either, and I am BWI based. Depending on where you are based, you may not see certain cities very much.

First, I'd like to say this information was derived from my 2007 logbook. I had a longer leg and was bored. To be honest, I was putting off studying for my upcoming PC. I simply counted legs and days. I did takeout the 5 gate returns that I had.

I bid at about 27% in MDW. As of 3 Feb I will have been here 5 years.

I work a little more than average and probably average picking up 2 days per month extra. I bid strictly based on what days off I need. I don't look at PMs or AMs, overnight cities, or anything else. I've got two very busy boys that I bid my schedule around.

This was just the days I worked. I got 2 weeks of vacation that are not included as "work". I also dropped a few trips due to sick call. I had training (3 days total). One of the three days of training will be conducted at home this year via the computer.

I did not have a LBB overnight. In fact I didn't even go through LBB this year.

I believe the most I flew in one day in 2007 was 6 legs. I did this probably 3 or 4 times. In my first year I flew an 8 leg day. I did this for 2nd year pay. We never left the state of CA. Not something I would recommend in your first month on the line.

Hey, I was just trying to throw some numbers out for those who have questions and are curious of what life is like here. I luv it here. I spent a miserable 20 months at UAL and there is no comparison.

Slug

I wonder if I could trade my left nut for a 737 type rating?????? (with 2 kids, I don't need the left anymore :) I need that second interview @ SWA though!:bawling:
Hey Slug thanks for inspiring me to update my application with you guys today! I'm glad that you and my other friends there have it good and are treated pretty well.... it gives the rest of the industry something to work for.....

I actually just had my first overnight in LBB. It was nice. Hotel was nice, chili burger was great at 50% off, they only had $2 beers, no $1. IF I was bored they had a Walmart next door along with a Dennys and a Taco Bell. I would not mind doing it again. Looked like a good catifish eatery across the street too.

In BHM, the hotel is less than optimum. It sits right down under the interstate. There is nothing within walking distance. The service in the bar is less than optimum too. You're getting a discount, so they are less than friendly.

It's right by the convention center.

Ask the van driver to take you to Dreamland BBQ. It's well worth the trip....Not as good as the original in Tuscaloosa, but good none the less. They'll also take you down to 5-points.

Last edited:
You guys should try to get into the Wynfrey in BHM. Its adjacent to a mall and is a very nice hotel.

FJ

Latest resources

Back