• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its all good fun. I understand when you are looking you can be picky. But our flight department has put our GV for sale and they are downsizing to a Falcon 2000. Pay remains the same. no one is complaining here. for damn sure I will miss the Gulfstream 5, performance, support, damn great machine. But I am sure the 2000 will be a fun plane to fly. We all have our favorites. But remember at the end of the day we are pilots. Pay me well and give me good quality of life and I will fly anything..

if you have the money for a Legacy new I would go with a used GV on corporate care and plane parts anyday and twice on sundays!!

if you have the money for a Legacy new I would go with a used GV on corporate care and plane parts anyday and twice on sundays!!

The funny thing is is that after 3 years I am now flying a G550, with CRJCA, and I now know what everybody was raving about in the past.

The Legacy beats the CRJ corporate conversion hands down. I don't think it is fair to compare against a GV or GV-SP.

You are right, it is all good fun. Thankful to have a good paying job that has kept me afloat since AT&T sh*t the bed in late 2008.

Getting ready to welcome a new son to our rice bowl next month!

Cheers-

Rum

The Legacy has improved. 650 is finally what the plane shoulda been from day one. They are tough, reliable airplanes, but I am essentially retired from Legacy advocacy. It is a young man's game. LOL

People know where to find me and I get private queries now and then. Always happy to respond.

I love the airplane. I got feedback that one of the guys who used to bash me admitted I was right after he wound up flying one full-time. He said: "Flying the Legacy is like sex with a fat chick. It is a lot of fun but you don't want to brag about it to anyone." Something like that. LOL

Still more redundant and reliable than a V. I will take that bet any day.

Last edited:
The Legacy has improved. 650 is finally what the plane shoulda been from day one. They are tough, reliable airplanes, but I am essentially retired from Legacy advocacy. It is a young man's game. LOL

People know where to find me and I get private queries now and then. Always happy to respond.

I love the airplane. I got feedback that one of the guys who used to bash me admitted I was right after he wound up flying one full-time. He said: "Flying the Legacy is like sex with a fat chick. It is a lot of fun but you don't want to brag about it to anyone." Something like that. LOL

Still more redundant and reliable than a V. I will take that bet any day.

God I admire you!

I have read most of this, and I have never been so amused.
I am not sure if this is the thread for rational posting or not, but I will try.
Before the Global Express I was on a Legacy, had about 1800 hours total in the Legacy.

The Legacy was a great airplane for what it was designed for, but it had some major downfalls for our department.
Downfalls
1. Range
2. Speed
3. Ceiling
4. Short field performance
5. Payload availibility
6. Noisy noisy noisy!
7. Loud
8. Really loud
9. No ramp presence (owner concern, not mine)
10. No resale value (but in fairness it is an inexpensive plane to begin with)

Things it did well
1. Reliable (so far same dispatch rate as our Global, as in neither one has ever missed a dispatch)
2. Simple to fly (has to be with the 500 hour wonder pilots they are teaching to fly it)
3. Parts availability
4. Cool little windshield wipers actually came in handy sometimes
5. Large cabin for the price

Just my thoughts.

Latest resources

Back