• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why it this thread even tolerated? LD bashes everyone and everything, until he is called on it. Then turns tail and finds Gawd! He is a total drama queen, yes queen. Now he plays the good guy jokester. If someone needs entertainment, HBO is a better view then this guy. What a disaster.

And the airplane is like the nut defending it. Cracked and rotten on the inside

Last edited:
I want to believe that but I don't buy it at all. I do care what I fly and I hope it won't be a falcon again (sorry to you Falcon believers).
Come on page 81!

Come on as if you had a choice unless you had jobs chasing you! Most people dont have a choice. You get hired into a company and fly what ever they have. Most likely what you have experience in but if they get a new airplane and want you to fly it, what are you gonna say, NO??

Come on as if you had a choice unless you had jobs chasing you! Most people dont have a choice. You get hired into a company and fly what ever they have. Most likely what you have experience in but if they get a new airplane and want you to fly it, what are you gonna say, NO??

Having flown a few Falcons, I can see where one may call them underpowered for long range/high altitude....but what else can one complain about? Extremely reliable, quiet for pax, and very, very simple to fly...:confused:

Having flown a few Falcons, I can see where one may call them underpowered for long range/high altitude....but what else can one complain about? Extremely reliable, quiet for pax, and very, very simple to fly...:confused:

Reliable? Compared to a Legacy or a CRJ? Not even close.

Simple to fly? Falcons are simple to fly, but nothing is easier than an Embraer other than maybe a 152. Going from an EMB to a Falcon the workload goes way up (other than coupled VNAV--which EMB really needs to get on board with!). I'm sure the CRJ is the same way.

Eventually the simplicity, reliability, automation, and redundancy of the EMB will be commonplace in the corporate world but I don't see us there as an industry segment just yet.

The Falcon was a fun jet, but old, small, inefficient, and not so sturdy as I was lead to believe.

Last edited:
Reliable? Compared to a Legacy or a CRJ? Not even close.

Simple to fly? Falcons are simple to fly, but nothing is easier than an Embraer other than maybe a 152. Going from an EMB to a Falcon the workload goes way up (other than coupled VNAV--which EMB really needs to get on board with!). I'm sure the CRJ is the same way.

Eventually the simplicity, reliability, automation, and redundancy of the EMB will be commonplace in the corporate world but I don't see us there as an industry segment just yet.

The Falcon was a fun jet, but old, small, inefficient, and not so sturdy as I was lead to believe.

NO WAY! - If you can honestly say the workload went "way up" in a Falcon compared to an EMB.....my justification for never stepping on a regional airliner was/is a good choice....:eek:

Automation of the EMB? did you just say it didn't even have VNAV?

Simplicity? I just cant imagine it gets any easier than a Falcon. It's been, by far, the easiest corp plane I have ever flown! (50,900EX, and 7X)

Inefficient? - I'm doing flight plans as we speak here for an upcoming Falcon trip - nonstop 5845nm and a fuel burn of 27,994lbs.

anyhow - no kidding, what did you find that made the workload go way up??

disclaimer - FWIW I never flew a Legacy

:confused:

Last edited:
NO WAY! - If you can honestly say the workload went "way up" in a Falcon compared to an EMB.....my justification for never stepping on a regional airliner was/is a good choice....:eek:

Simplicity? I just cant imagine it gets any easier than a Falcon. It's been, by far, the easiest corp plane I have ever flown! (50,900EX, and 7X)

Inefficient? - I'm doing flight plans as we speak here for an upcoming Falcon trip - nonstop 5845nm and a fuel burn of 27,994lbs.

Maybe simple refers to non-advanced.....

I did have several companies chasing me! I turned down two based on pay (which was corresponding to equipment).
Ever fly a Falcon 50ex in a gusty crosswind? In a Challenger, piece of cake! My arse would take a bite out of the seat in a Falcon 50ex! I am sure the Legacy would be no problem! (even would give me the courtesy of a reach-around;))
I am, for lack of a better term, the captain of my own ship! I will not settle for less then what I believe is owed. I have been the "good employee" and where did that get me? I took a a lower paying corporate job but reinforced that decision with the idea that I had bonuses and the security of a Fortune 20 company to take care of my family. Well, guess how that turned out? You guessed it! AT&T cut the department in half and I was left with my John Thomas in hand, (a long one at that!;))
Now, I am mercenary baby! I treat this contract like a career but at the end of the day I have to be realistic and realize it might end at the end of the contract.
Show me the money, I will respond in kind with loyalty!
Throw off the shackles and join the party, it is a blast!!

Cheers- Rum

P.S.- I love being a hired gun, very freeing at least! And, being an expat doesn't suck!

P.S.S- Page 82?

Why? The RJ is so highly automated that it takes nearly all of the workload off the crew.

Not a COUPLED VNAV, but I would never trade VNAV for all the other things the EMB does for me that make my job easier (and a coupled VNAV will come eventually any way I'm sure so it will be a moot point).

I can't speak to the 7X but the 50 and 900 are much more complicated and busy than an EMB is. Older technology. It goes with the territory.

Well an EMB is twice the size of the 50 and burns the same gas. Plus it is cheaper to fix when it breaks (which is rare).

Anti-ice system is poorly implemented (and non-automated--no overheat protection for the slats, no min-thrust setting in A/I mode, no auto-engagement of A/I, etc.), no-fadec (I know newer Falcons have it but the 50 didn't), no foot pedal steering, fuel system is way more complicated than it needs to be, electrical system is typical goofy French style, no EICAS, APU is borderline useless, air conditioning doesn't work particularly well, Emergency Gear Extension is way too much work for what it does, etc..

I can get in an EMB cockpit and at a glance--and I mean within two seconds--I can see every switch and button that is in the wrong position. The Falcon has those toggle levers that sometimes look like they're one way until you move around to see 'em. Then every time someone gets out of the cockpit they smack them with their head and if you aren't careful now you're pumping APU bleed into the A/I system on the ramp and overtemping stuff, etc..

It's just old school.

The 7X is a lot better I'm told but it still has some design philosphy issues that I have heard about in regard to cockpit ergonomics. Some people don't think those things are that big a deal, obviously, which is why it is designed the way it is.

To each their own.

One of these days I will sit down and show you the systems on the Embraer and explain to you its strong points. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Latest resources

Back