Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAL78 said:
then again, I made an assumption. It was with a woman, right?

Yes, but sadly, and to my chagrin, there was no sex involved. :( Talk about a legend. At least now I know how Davy Crockett felt about all that bear killing at age 3! I guess fiction is more fun than fact! :)

bigD said:
Dammit, we can't let this thread die just because Legacy Driver apologized! :D

I have plenty of S-80 time. Why don't you guys try to bash that!!

Sometimes when we were really really heavy we could still make it to FL 330!!!

And once there we usually cruised at .76 - .78!!!

We could even go over .80 if we wanted!!! (But the airplane usually started to shake real bad so we didn't)

Top that you Corporate Pilot Ba$tards!!!

Yea, but the S-80 never pretended to be a world class airplane. It is nothing more than than a passenger hauling pig that American uses to lose money at a slower rate than its competitors.

Nothing sucks more than getting on an AA MD-80 to fly from the west coast to Dallas. What even cracks me up more is when they kick people off in Dallas to come back home in the summer time. Gotta make those take-off numbers I guess.

But hey, it is what it is. No excusses. It is a workhorse.

My co-pilot is also a X driver and he constantly jokes about sparrows passing us. The other day he said he was going to go out on the fuselage and fire up the barbecue grill and plop down in his lawn chair. "We aren't fast enough to blow the fire out." I was laughing so hard I nearly died. And then I remembered FalconCapt's affinity for bbq and I got nervous for a second or two. :)

G100driver said:
Yea, but the S-80 never pretended to be a world class airplane. It is nothing more than than a passenger hauling pig that American uses to lose money at a slower rate than its competitors.

Nothing sucks more than getting on an AA MD-80 to fly from the west coast to Dallas. What even cracks me up more is when they kick people off in Dallas to come back home in the summer time. Gotta make those take-off numbers I guess.

But hey, it is what it is. No excusses. It is a workhorse.

If you are a real glutton for punishment try flying for 5 1/2 hours from O'hare to Cabo San Lucas on the S-80. My God, that sucked.

Too bad AA uses the S-80 to fly routes in which it was never intended to do so.

LegacyDriver said:
My co-pilot is also a X driver and he constantly jokes about sparrows passing us. The other day he said he was going to go out on the fuselage and fire up the barbecue grill and plop down in his lawn chair. "We aren't fast enough to blow the fire out." I was laughing so hard I nearly died. And then I remembered FalconCapt's affinity for bbq and I got nervous for a second or two. :)

From what I have been told the only good thing about the X is that it can go fast. Unfortunantely everything else has been thrown out the window in order for it to go fast.

In all honesty I have yet to hear anything good about that aircraft. I have never flown one and I have never been in one but that is what I have been told.

Alot of operators are not happy with the X.

UAL78 ... bust a deal, spin the wheel!

any photos?
This is inappropriate ... and quite tasteless.

in the jetway???? forget about HIM, let's find out where SHE is!!!!!!!
I'll bet she doesn't care about radar!!!!!
Again ... wholly inappropriate. This site is not to be used as your own personal 'hook-up' resource. "let's find out where she is" indeed! Sniff out your own sluts ... just like the rest of us must do when we go Skank'n. You insult the man, then you expect him to share out his b!tche$ and hoes. The horror ........ the horror. :(

then again, I made an assumption. It was with a woman, right?
This is, again, completely and utterly inappropriate, and may tend to reflect poorly upon the owners and upon the hard-working, even-handed, tolerant monitors such as Falcon Captain, EagleFlip, IFlyForFood, and others.

This just will not do, sir.

Please ban yourself immediately.

Three days ... minimum.

Phlipper Thong

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back