Leaving Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Smartie,

Naw, rather not call you an idiot and I hope that the "talk" does indeed come true, but it has been promised so many times, that most of us just gave up believing it. Maybe this time it'll be true, time will tell.

Of course, what we must not forget, is that at present, we are amongst the most productive pilot group, if not number one, and yet, we are still just hoping for industry average.

Seems like above average performance should also mean above average pay!

No doubt.

That part about USAir is interesting. Retirement might be the way they get rid of east and give more and more routes to west. I'm not sure if that's how it works.
The current contracts have min fleets on both sides so neither side will be flying more routes for the other, unless the contracts change. All new hires are being added to the East operations (training department rumor is that there will be between 200 and 300 pilots added by years end, all to replace retiring East pilots). New hires will soon be added to 737, 320, and may also go to 757.

Well, you are confusing 2 different ways of representing the numbers. They are refering to 2.3% as a match of our salary. Which compared to our current 10% 401k funding would be an increase of 23%.

You don't have to exagerate to make your point. I think you are correct that our retirement is 30-40% behind our major airline peers, but that only translates to 3-4% of our overall compensation.

13-14% 401k match represents a 30-40% increase in retirement funding, but only a 3-4% increase in overall compensation.

You are exagerating for effect. Stick with facts and you get more people to share your concerns... As I do.

The facts are our retirement is 8-13% behind our peers. We are a MINIMUM of 2% behind in pay. If you want to know the truth about what JetBlues plans for our retirement email BT on the PVC. A plan is already in place to "sell" to the pilot group. The pro-pilot PVC members refuse to endorse it. Take a look at the latest pay charts BP has and see for yourself how far behind you are.
I'm neither confusing or exagerating a point. I have a sound financial plan so compound interest is important to me. Providing a non guaranteed 5% at the end of the year is not retirement. Adding an additional 2.3% at the end of the year is a bonus and not retirement.
Those are facts.

The facts are our retirement is 8-13% behind our peers. We are a MINIMUM of 2% behind in pay. If you want to know the truth about what JetBlues plans for our retirement email BT on the PVC. A plan is already in place to "sell" to the pilot group. The pro-pilot PVC members refuse to endorse it. Take a look at the latest pay charts BP has and see for yourself how far behind you are.
I'm neither confusing or exagerating a point. I have a sound financial plan so compound interest is important to me. Providing a non guaranteed 5% at the end of the year is not retirement. Adding an additional 2.3% at the end of the year is a bonus and not retirement.
Those are facts.

8-13% What happened to 30-40%?

You won't get an argument from me about needing improvements in retirement and pay.

I am pretty sure I never gave you the impression that improvements were not necessary.

I am pulling in the same direction bro and I share your concerns.

I appreciate the due respect, and you are correct that I have not been here long enough to witness the broken promises. However, I am a naturally skeptical person when it comes to corporate executives and their propensity to doing anything but the right thing.

The next 358 days will give us the answer. I do have some confidence because I have had a few of top guys on my aircraft (including the top finance guy), in addition to public comments on 2 conference calls that say the money is IN the budget, and IS a straight increase in overall pilot compensation.

Call me an idiot in 358 days, and if it doesn't happen, I will agree with you.

Well if an exec told a 1st year fo then it must be true. And you are giving them another year to fix it? Are they going to be giving us retro and interest lost? retirement is really the money earning interest not just the actual money , but you must know that if you are retiring at 52. Im sorry if I sound like a ****************************** but for the first few years you may want to kind of do some homework on whats taken place prior to your arrival before you get all giddy about an exec on your flight feeding you some hope and blue juice. I was there where you are 5 years ago new place, new plane , cool execs shaking my hand on the plane. We should all have some career expectations as airline pilots to get us out of the back seat and help to control our destiny.

Well if an exec told a 1st year fo then it must be true. And you are giving them another year to fix it? Are they going to be giving us retro and interest lost? retirement is really the money earning interest not just the actual money , but you must know that if you are retiring at 52. Im sorry if I sound like a ****************************** but for the first few years you may want to kind of do some homework on whats taken place prior to your arrival before you get all giddy about an exec on your flight feeding you some hope and blue juice. I was there where you are 5 years ago new place, new plane , cool execs shaking my hand on the plane. We should all have some career expectations as airline pilots to get us out of the back seat and help to control our destiny.

Cute...

Latest resources

Back