• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leaving Jetblue for anywhere

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5) Great Recession- DAL still hasn't hired (or recalled in years). UAL is just begining and so is Airways. AA still not hiring or recalling.

To update that last sentence....ALL furloughs have been offered recall and word around here is hiring off the street in September.

To update that last sentence....ALL furloughs have been offered recall and word around here is hiring off the street in September.

But the furloughs do have recall rights before the newhires... I think there are about 300 recalls that have first right to class dates... I will probably be in one of those class dates.

tail

True. Quite a few deferred recall but they have been out some 11, yes 11 years so they have made other arrangements and most likely are in a better place but want to keep their options open. You have to be on the property (and stay for a year) to shares in the equity stake, so that forced some guys on the fence to undefer.

Now that the whole list has been offered recall the deferrals have a 3 year clock started when they have to make the final decision.

Also keep in mind that these guys are close to 50 years old. We are an old bunch over here. Young guys in the first hiring wave are going to have a wild ride.

I am a jetlbue CA at 9 year pay. I am 44. I plan on coming back, mostly... it will depend on what's happening at the time. But conventional wisdom says to come back. Us furloughed guys that haven't come back aren't all old farts. Many guys in my class still haven't returned and are younger than me. I just talked to my Delta recall rep and he said they may run recall furlough classes before they start new hire training... so maybe once the newhires start most or all the recalls will be back. I was furloughed 12/26/2001 and I have until the end of 2015 to come back but I can't bypass anymore... so I have to go back when offered class or I am done, but my recall is valid through the end of '15...

We got 10 years full bypass and then 4 additional years w/ recall rights but no bypass... I am in the final 4 right now. Recall rights, but can't bypass anymore. Most of us are in that boat, but there were some furloughs later than me that may still be in the first 10 years of unlimited bypass...

There does not have to be a new hire class to recall... they can run pure recall classes and it seems they might just do that late in the year.

Tailhookah

Last edited:
I am a jetlbue CA at 9 year pay. I am 44. I plan on coming back, mostly... it will depend on what's happening at the time. But conventional wisdom says to come back. Us furloughed guys that haven't come back aren't all old farts. Many guys in my class still haven't returned and are younger than me. I just talked to my Delta recall rep and he said they may run recall furlough classes before they start new hire training... so maybe once the newhires start most or all the recalls will be back. I was furloughed 12/26/2001 and I have until the end of 2015 to come back but I can't bypass anymore... so I have to go back when offered class or I am done, but my recall is valid through the end of '15...

We got 10 years full bypass and then 4 additional years w/ recall rights but no bypass... I am in the final 4 right now. Recall rights, but can't bypass anymore. Most of us are in that boat, but there were some furloughs later than me that may still be in the first 10 years of unlimited bypass...

There does not have to be a new hire class to recall... they can run pure recall classes and it seems they might just do that late in the year.

Tailhookah

I'd take the recall Tail.

Latest resources

Back