Leaving Jetblue for anywhere

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetFumes

Just wondering how many blue dudes are thinking about leaving to United, Delta or anywhere else. I'm halfway up the list and I'm thinking about it,. I have to say, despite all the Blue negativity, its not an easy choice. If I was on the bottom third of the list, it would be much easier. Any thoughts?

Do you live in base or commute? How devastating or not would it be to you financially to take a pay cut for a few years? On the new airline's pay scale, what's the break even point for the loss in pay?

How many years do you have left? I'm around 80% at AS and figured I probably wouldn't come out ahead until I was a widebody captain, which isn't guaranteed. As a line holder, living in base, I'm not willing to take a pay cut to commute to reserve on the other coast (my opinion could change if we don't get my desired improvements on the contract being worked on).

The way the industry seems to be going right now, don't you think there's a good chance BOTH of you could end up at one of the Big Three without having to do a thing?

No flame. Jussssss sayin'

1500ish on the list
ORD commute
34 years old
No family
Not negative at all. Not emotional about Blue either. It just seems simple. Always be one step ahead of this industry, not saying looking for something better, but just ahead. The sharks are circling the boat at JB, whether other airlines, our management, the economy.

Why not just shoot your applications now to the ones that are hiring and do it again when Delta opens up? Why wait? UAL is hiring right now.

The way the industry seems to be going right now, don't you think there's a good chance BOTH of you could end up at one of the Big Three without having to do a thing?

No flame. Jussssss sayin'

The thought that AS could be merged/bought has definitely crossed my mind. Talking to the captains, they say a merger has been "imminent" since they were new hires. It's hard to take those rumors into serious consideration.

1500ish on the list
ORD commute
34 years old
No family
Not negative at all. Not emotional about Blue either. It just seems simple. Always be one step ahead of this industry, not saying looking for something better, but just ahead. The sharks are circling the boat at JB, whether other airlines, our management, the economy.

If I had your stats, I would definitely be gunning for UA. I'm not saying UA is perfect, but I think UA has a better further and getting rid of that commute can really step up your QOL. I moved to my base after 10 years of commuting and can't believe how much of an improvement it has made in my lifestyle and well being.

Were it only that easy. 8000+ qualified applicants in airlineapps.com. Just deciding to apply is like buying a lottery ticket. UAL isn't knocking down anyone's door.

Just wondering how many blue dudes are thinking about leaving to United, Delta or anywhere else. I'm halfway up the list and I'm thinking about it,. I have to say, despite all the Blue negativity, its not an easy choice. If I was on the bottom third of the list, it would be much easier. Any thoughts?

I'm closer to the bottom, but apps are out and I would jump ship if I was lucky enough to get called. Like the others have said, apply now and worry about deciding if you get the offer.

If I had your stats, I would definitely be gunning for UA. I'm not saying UA is perfect, but I think UA has a better further and getting rid of that commute can really step up your QOL. I moved to my base after 10 years of commuting and can't believe how much of an improvement it has made in my lifestyle and well being.

I was close in march of 08. Just waiting on the final interview when they pulled the plug. The sad thing is the commute is one the least things I worry about at B6

Latest resources

Back