• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave SWA for AA or Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the OP - Go to AA now if you can. If you communte, don't commute or like or dislike where you are at SWA - does not matter. You WILL kick yourself down the road if you don't. No brainer.

Why do you try so hard to convince others of the differences of flying for a legacy with a discount airline? We all know there is no comparison. Of those who have not flown for a legacy, they will never know so stop trying so hard to compare apples and oranges.

I don't mind explaining the differences, plus I'm hoping to get my own advice section on this board entitled "Ask General Lee." It would cover subjects like hiring advice, relationship advice, home and auto repair, nutrition, geography questions for Corndogs (anywhere outside contiguous 48), and grooming advice (manscaping). I hope the owner gives me thumbs up! This site may become more popular than You Tube!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Why do you try so hard to convince others of the differences of flying for a legacy with a discount airline? We all know there is no comparison. Of those who have not flown for a legacy, they will never know so stop trying so hard to compare apples and oranges.

Well said.

Or at least it's been said.

After that it comes down to fit and personality, not just endless repeat of the same tired stuff and assumptions on both sides.
The thing that sucks in our career on a seniority list, you can't check companies out like other careers-
But pave's right- one can guess but unless you've done both over a long time- you don't know
I have, and hope that pre 9/11 contracts come back-
Hub and spoke is a good life with good work rules and rigs-
Not so great without. Just like SWA or anywhere most of your culture comes from how we treat each other as crew.

You really do have to live it though and we all actually will find out if we made te right choices when we die. Try aren't just axioms

I don't mind explaining the differences, plus I'm hoping to get my own advice section on this board entitled "Ask General Lee." It would cover subjects like hiring advice, relationship advice, home and auto repair, nutrition, geography questions for Corndogs (anywhere outside contiguous 48), and grooming advice (manscaping). I hope the owner gives me thumbs up! I'll even do it for free, just like the ASA pilots and their new TA.... ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I believe that is a great idea and would be a good service for you to provide. There is a lot of misinformation. Just the other day I had an FO at Expressjet say he is most likely better off staying than coming to my company AA. I was speachless and wished him good luck.

I believe that is a great idea and would be a good service for you to provide. There is a lot of misinformation. Just the other day I had an FO at Expressjet say he is most likely better off staying than coming to my company AA. I was speachless and wished him good luck.

Let me guess . . . . He figured that, after he Upgrades, it would "be a lateral move". :rolleyes:

I have to laugh . . . I used to hear guys at ASA say the same thing about AirTran. . . . Yeah . . . pretty "lateral", except that I fly around 600 hrs a year, get paid for 1,000, while they fly 1,000 and get paid for 600. Other than that, it's pretty "lateral". :laugh:

They're just parroting what they hear from the crusties in the left seat who are explaining to them why they never left.

On the good side, SWa is continuing to interview and it looks like they are on track to hire 400, interviews going on this very moment. Unfortunately, do to the compressed class start schedules, as in one starting next week, they are only interviewing those with a type. And yes, so far about 1-2 in ten when called are declining the offer for employment.

That's bananas

You were like I'd be.

And Ty? Lateral? Really?
I'd probably hand them a dictionary.com definition of lateral

On the good side, SWa is continuing to interview and it looks like they are on track to hire 400, interviews going on this very moment. Unfortunately, do to the compressed class start schedules, as in one starting next week, they are only interviewing those with a type. And yes, so far about 1-2 in ten when called are declining the offer for employment.

Is that 400 number new? I heard 250. I was also told that there are October interviewees still awaiting a classdate. So the timeline between interview and class may be a few months (albeit perhaps not quick enough to earn a type)

LUV got some LGA slots. HOU international terminal, Fingures crossed on DCA.

I have been using zero growth on myseniority, might be time to change that. 18 year upgrade here I come!

To all that want to leave SWA, if you need help updating logbooks, filling out online Apps, etc. PM me I would like to help you leave. I think SWAPA should start a leave SWA fund that pays for application fees, interview prep, interview ground school etc. it would be the greatest service we can do for the entire membership.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back