• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave Jetblue for Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't be like some of the regional guys, jumping from regional to regional in hopes of greener grass.
Each airline has it's problems, some are the exact same as the others. The only difference is the paint job on the airplane.
This industry is nothing but one big cycle. For a few years your top dog, next thing you know you're dog food and repeat.

I'll second this... you'll like swa much better!:D
Especially is ALPA is brought onto the JB property.
Then prepare for a shotty schedule followed by a steady diet of pay cuts.

I tend to think in terms pay, schedule, commutability, and stability. I could drive to work, make more than many Jetblue captains at LGB, no commute, and not have to worry about getting bought, stapled, or worse. Plus SWA schedule are AM or PM, no redeyes. Plus I would get more days off. I just want to get paid as much as I can in as few days as possible, so I can do something else on the side, because quite frankly, I'm sick of all the bullsh!..t.

...becase quite frankly, I'm sick of all the bullsh!..t.

Aren't we all? ;)

Sounds like you're leaning towards SWA. If that's what your heart tells you then I say follow it. Thing is...once you take the jump you can't look back and second guess. It'll eat you up inside. Honestly though, I'm at FL, a 4 and some change yr FO, and beore the merger was announced I still wouldn't have jumped ship. Company seniority is extremely important for QOL in my usually screwed up opinion.

Again, good luck in your future decisions.

If the opportunity presents itself during this next hiring wave, I will leave JB and not look back! Four years of reserve and Indentured Servitude are enough. I left the Corporate world after 18 years of never feeling like my time was my own to come to an airline that preeches one thing (culture) to doing the complete opposite! At this juncture in my life (46) I dont care what seat I sit in....... I just want a decent quality of life and be able to make a living. All of which is not happening now! I continue to hear from my colleagues....this is so much better than Mesa or Eagle.... We as a Pilot Group continue to diminish our value as professionals! It probably would`nt be a whole lot better at SWA...but anything is better than nothing! My Humble Opinion

How have you been on reserve for four years? I've been here 4 2/3 years and I haven't been on reserve since Jan 07. I now bid about 35% in seat.

You're going to start a new job where you'll spend years on reserve because (partly) you're tired of being on reserve?

Not trying to be sardonic, just curious.

How have you been on reserve for four years? I've been here 4 2/3 years and I haven't been on reserve since Jan 07. I now bid about 35% in seat.

You're going to start a new job where you'll spend years on reserve because (partly) you're tired of being on reserve?

Not trying to be sardonic, just curious.
Uhhh.... because I am in Long Beach! Qualify my post.... I am in my fourth year! Allow me to make the assumption you are based in JFK or BOS?

Uhhh.... because I am in Long Beach! Qualify my post.... I am in my fourth year! Allow me to make the assumption you are based in JFK or BOS?
Did you read and digest my post thourghly? Take a gander at second year pay at SWA versus 4th year pay at JB! I know, I am being cynical and reactionary. No actually..... just old, fat and tired! I`m willing to take my chances!

Did you read and digest my post thourghly? Take a gander at second year pay at SWA versus 4th year pay at JB! I know, I am being cynical and reactionary. No actually..... just old, fat and tired! I`m willing to take my chances!

I'm well aware of SWA's rates. Everybody in the industry is well aware of SWA's rates. I'd like to have SWA's rates, but I'm not starting over to do it. Best of luck to you though.

Latest resources

Back