• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave Jetblue for Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've debated bidding Capt as well...only hang up I have is a looooong resv sit. I'll be starting yr 5 in March. I probably can't hold Capt. anyway...but you never know.

I am going to FO 320 school in Jan.

Comical especially coming from a rj pilot.

Comical? Coming from a one-time Beechjunk driver. Hey, you once looked up to your "big time" Legacy drivers at FLOPS didn't ya? Did you look down at King Air or Caravan drivers when taxiing around in your junky, dilapidated Beechjet? Wow, sounds like you hit the jackpot at JB and you should really feel extra good about yourself. You are now the best pilot in the world, Mr. Yeager. You obviously hit the big time with the best pay, best schedules, best healthcare, best routes and most advanced aircraft in the entire world at JB. You've made it! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Another positive about SWA: you won't be forced to pick up the passenger trash between flights... Probably because you won't have the time with the tight turns.

Pilots are not forced to clean at JB. Some elect to help their co-workers, that's all.

I'd stay where you are. Five years seniority at a fairly good company is priceless. The bottom of the list at SWA is going to be junior for what will seem like an eternity. Career FO at a lot of folk's number one choice, or Bus Capt at one of the top 3 or 4 airlines to work for? I know what I'd choose. Good luck.

I'd stay where you are. Five years seniority at a fairly good company is priceless. The bottom of the list at SWA is going to be junior for what will seem like an eternity. Career FO at a lot of folk's number one choice, or Bus Capt at one of the top 3 or 4 airlines to work for? I know what I'd choose. Good luck.

I agree. I'm close to the same seniority as the OP and I wouldn't leave to go to SWA for the exact reason you said. If I was out of work and both SWA and JetBlue offered me a job at the same time I would obviously take SWA over JetBlue in a second. No contest. But I wouldn't walk away from 5 years seniority at JetBlue and a third of the seniority list below me to be the junior guy at SWA even though I'm leaving money on the table by making that choice. YMMV.

Latest resources

Back