• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave Airtran for United??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't get into a long discussion of my dislike for SWA, because it would probably result in one of those 10 page threads that happen when the General posts about LBB and 737s, but I'm most certainly serious. I really have zero desire to work for SWA. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to work there. I like working at AAI, and I don't even have an application out at UAL or any other airline, but an SWA merger would likely change that. Hopefully I'll never have to make that decision.

I won't get into a long discussion of my dislike for SWA, because it would probably result in one of those 10 page threads that happen when the General posts about LBB and 737s, but I'm most certainly serious. I really have zero desire to work for SWA. Believe it or not, not everyone wants to work there. I like working at AAI, and I don't even have an application out at UAL or any other airline, but an SWA merger would likely change that. Hopefully I'll never have to make that decision.

SWA+AAI....... JUST SAY NO!

I voted NO, little man. And I'll vote NO again if the payrates aren't DAL+1%. Just because I like my job doesn't mean that I'll roll over on a contract.

DAL+1%. That is not what you should be shooting for. Those wages are kind of embarrassing.

DAL+1%. That is not what you should be shooting for. Those wages are kind of embarrassing.
That's not what I'm shooting for. That's just the base line that I refuse to go below. I really don't know what the new NPA leadership is shooting for, but it should be close to current SWA rates.

That's not what I'm shooting for. That's just the base line that I refuse to go below. I really don't know what the new NPA leadership is shooting for, but it should be close to current SWA rates.

You might get SWA rates if you guys merge.

Not worth it.

No problem there. You must really love Airtran's culture, history, management, pay, training center etc... My hats off to you.

Too many people on this board hate where they work but you are different. A breath of fresh air to find someone who is happy. This Buds for you!:beer:

No problem there. You must really love Airtran's culture, history, management, pay, training center etc... My hats off to you.

Too many people on this board hate where they work but you are different. A breath of fresh air to find someone who is happy. This Buds for you!:beer:
Again "Dude", I guess I missed it, who do you fly your little b!tch jet (or whatever) for? Are you one of those frac guys that bums rides off us, I'm wondering what kind of reciprocal agreement we have with you guys, I'm trying to go PDK-BKL.

Last edited:
Bums Rides?

By "bums rides" do you mean purchase a ticket? That would make them a paying customer, wouldn't it?

Are you not aware that only 121 or 135 pilots get to ride the jumpseat? Might want to crack a book, sometime.

-Nice burn, there big guy!

By "bums rides" do you mean purchase a ticket? That would make them a paying customer, wouldn't it?

Are you not aware that only 121 or 135 pilots get to ride the jumpseat? Might want to crack a book, sometime.

-Nice burn, there big guy!

We have (or had) don't know why, some sort of non-rev agreement with a few fractionals, Flight Options, Flight Works. So yeah, they could "bum" a free ride, as in not have to pay. Notice I didn't say anything about "jumpseat" but thanks for letting me know about the regs, what's this CASS thing they keep talking about? Nice Dog or Cat picture, you live in Mid Town?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back