• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave Airtran for United??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
about the time you guys get all the management idiots out of your union and all the scabs out of the training department and that scab who is the asst. chief pilot and when you get a new contract (I see you are going on year 4 now without one.) Guess you are waiting for AMR, CAL, UAL to lead the industry back up. And before you spew about our wages at UAL remember my FO pay was more than your 12 year captain pay back then. Enjoy the asskicking you are going to get from DAL you rod.

Take that rod, because at united they don't have scabs.

When I was an intern at YoNited I met one of the nicest guys. I was asking to ride the jumpseat on a DC-10 when the Captain introduced the rest of the crew. "This is FO Bob and thats the engineer, he's a scab, we don't talk to him." And you know what, they never did.

Yuppy,

Why all the negativity man? So you hated Airtran and left, GREAT. Have a great career at United. Not saying much if you are expecting Airtran to negotiate an industry leading contract. With all of ALPA's power and might I'm sure you guys will show us how it's done. They did so well protecting everyone's scope, and pensions, and pay, and jobs during the past several years. They did such a wizbang job, you had to stoop and come to friggin Airtran. There are alot of guys in your shoes. So quit feeling sorry for yourself and bashing the Tranny. Let me know when you guys are Sw + 1% and you can run your mouth a little more. Until then leave us the hell alone, and have fun in the right seat for the next decade, if you're not on the street again!

about the time you guys get all the management idiots out of your union and all the scabs out of the training department and that scab who is the asst. chief pilot and when you get a new contract (I see you are going on year 4 now without one.) Guess you are waiting for AMR, CAL, UAL to lead the industry back up. And before you spew about our wages at UAL remember my FO pay was more than your 12 year captain pay back then. Enjoy the asskicking you are going to get from DAL you rod.

These are all items you knew when AirTran hired you after United put you on the street. I'm guessing in the back of your mind you are trying to reconcile if you made the right decision to go back to UAL or not. Like it or not, AirTran never failed to pay you twice a month did they? So, in order to justify your choice, you have to point out negative aspects about AirTran. Nice

Last edited:
UAL's scope does not allow a regional to fly either aircraft you quote.

You could hold just about any UA base in a relatively short period of time.

Tough decision. Good luck.

170's = pretty much the same thing as the 175's right? Or am i mistaken?

What odds do you give United surviving another 5 yrs?

These are all items you knew when AirTran hired you after United put you on the street. I'm guessing in the back of your mind you are trying to reconcile if you made the right decision to go back to UAL or not. Like it or not, AirTran never failed to pay you twice a month did they? So, in order to justify your choice, you have to point out negative aspects about AirTran. Nice

absolutely NO REGRETS! I liked my regional better than your place...and as far as our scabs go...they know their place yours'....hell they run your training dept. and all you ever hear is the famous "back at eastern" line. Screw that ********************. I won't hurt ya'lls feelns anymore though by saying such negative stuff.

about the time you guys get all the management idiots out of your union and all the scabs out of the training department and that scab who is the asst. chief pilot and when you get a new contract (I see you are going on year 4 now without one.) Guess you are waiting for AMR, CAL, UAL to lead the industry back up. And before you spew about our wages at UAL remember my FO pay was more than your 12 year captain pay back then. Enjoy the asskicking you are going to get from DAL you rod.[/quote]

Perhaps you should reduce your caffeine intake. I thought the original poster was asking for opinions. It's perfectly legit to suggest that if upgrade time is important to you, Air Tran would be preferred option - right? A newbie at UAL may have to wait 12+ years to upgrade (if UAL still exists in 12 years). A UAL/CAL merger might adversely impact upward mobility - you never know. The point is that growth at UAL is super slow and it could be that way for a long, long time. You have to take that into consideration...

I could be wrong, but I don't think Rod works for Air Tran - I think he was just expressing his opinion.

absolutely NO REGRETS! I liked my regional better than your place...and as far as our scabs go...they know their place yours'....hell they run your training dept. and all you ever hear is the famous "back at eastern" line. Screw that ********************. I won't hurt ya'lls feelns anymore though by saying such negative stuff.

Hopefully your husband doesn't work at United too.

You and United are made for each other, ma'am.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back