• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Leave AirTran for CAL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure it wasn't as funny to those that were furloughed.

Luckily ExpressJet saved most of there butts from the street. And saved CAL's butt too.

Here is a post from Pocono Pilot on 2/24/07 before screwing up her interview with CAL and completely tubing it (which is EXTREMELY difficult to do, especially if you're female). She must have really pooched it...

I agree.

With all the retirements, CAL could be the most secure major out there. Also, there is a good chance that CAL will be the highest paid eventually with a new contract.

I hope to be there soon

Obviously Pocono got burned by CAL and is now nasty and bitter (very standard for an immature - "I deserve to be there because I'm a chick" type attitude). And BTW horse freak - it's "their" not "there." And no, Express didn't save their butts...military leave did for a lot of them along with a plethora of other professions far from flying an RJ with Express.

I beg to differ, I'm not too sure that's a CHICK! I think it's a ruse from a pansy that did as you say, but I'm not sure it's a chick. Even funnier if it is, but I'm not sold yet?

I beg to differ, I'm not too sure that's a CHICK! I think it's a ruse from a pansy that did as you say, but I'm not sure it's a chick. Even funnier if it is, but I'm not sold yet?

It's a chick - she claimed her and her husband were going on a picnic or some lame ordeal a few weeks ago. If it's not a she, and "it" has a husband, then God help us all...

I agree.

With all the retirements, CAL could be the most secure major out there. Also, there is a good chance that CAL will be the highest paid eventually with a new contract.

I hope to be there soon.

Wow nice find!! That's the funniest thing I have seen in awhile.

Talk about losing ALL credibility with one post...

I actually remember that thread. What a moron.

*snicker*

That's some funny shiznit... Keep pushing that RJ tin, honey. Maybe next time... ;)

You know, you can tell a lot about someone's character by how they handle disappointment. Lots of people get turned down by an airline without becoming instant thread flamers for whatever airline shot them down...

Another 10 years or so of RJ flying and maybe she'll be mature enough to handle a major airline interview.

XJT may not have "saved" CAL, but it saved a lot of f-lo guys from the umemployment line. The flow through agreement got signed just in time to be a flow back agreement, and a bunch of XJT guys missed upgrading for 2-3 years because of it.

Not taking sides--post 9/11 was tough on everyone. I'm glad to see CAL hiring XJT guys and gals in good numbers now. Still--that was a tough period for a lot folks....on both sides.

Back to the thread...I don't think I'd leave a low six figure job now hoping for a higher six figure job 3-5 years from now. The more I think about, the more I am convinced its math based on hope and not on analysis. Again--if I was so darn smart, I wouldn't be flying boxes at 2am, would I? Good luck whatever you do...

XJT may not have "saved" CAL, but it saved a lot of f-lo guys from the umemployment line. The flow through agreement got signed just in time to be a flow back agreement, and a bunch of XJT guys missed upgrading for 2-3 years because of it.

The flowthrough agreement had been in place since 1988, in some form or another. No one ever paid attention to the downside because all they ever saw, until 9/11, was the upside. You could make the case that the people who got "screwed" would never have been hired had the vacancy not been opened by a guy flowing up. I am pretty sure everyone who got hired after the program was terminated knew the potential was there for flowbacks if something bad happened. Unfortunately it was guys from Calex who wound up in the unemployment line and that sucked.

I think that unless you are planning on living in Houston, NY area, Cleveland or Guam, you would be very dissappointed making the move. Upgrade at CAL will probably be 7-10 years or so after 65 happens. Dont think I would make that move and still commute.

Intl and wide body is not all that--TRUST ME!!

It is very expensive to go and do all the things you want to do INTL. And for 30, 50, 60 k you will not be doing anything....

I would STAY !!!!

One attack and YOU just lost 110k a year and the 30-70K at CAL......

Latest resources

Back