Learjet 45 getting Garmin 3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LJ45

One Learjet 45 sim is down in Dallas for retrofit to Garmin 3000, you know what that means! I wonder if it will be the same type rating, with such a radical change in the cockpit?

Are you sure it's not the G5000? I thought the G3000 was for part 23 airplanes.

It already had a nice avionics suite, is the 5000 that much better?

Well the Primus 1000 that's in it now is about 20 years old. A lot has improved since then. It currently is way behind it's competitors when it comes to avionics.

No doubt. Finally onboard charts and Nexrad. It is kinda like buying a new Mercedes with an 8 track player in it.

I heard this when I went through initial a few weeks ago but they didn't say what system they were going with. They did say that it will still be the same type rating. I know nothing about the Garmin system but I can't imagine it's too similar to the Honeywell. I agree with Tgaug: awesome airplane with average EFIS and an 8-track for an FMS. At least we're getting the UNS-1E/w.

Great update for the airplane but I think Bombardier is making a big mistake with putting this in the Lear 45. I am sure it is a great system, I have used many different Garmin products and I love them. However, the problem I see is not having similar avionics across different classes of their jets. I know that most manufactures change avionics in different models but I think that they would benefit if they would put a system that is similar to what they plan for the Challenger and Global products so that crews can switch between airplanes and be pretty consistent in system operation. Chose I product line and stick with it.

Might have to do with the fact that they are moving one of those 45 sims out of Bombardier. Think it is supposed to be gone within 2 months. The Phenom series aircraft have had the Garmin and i've heard nothing but bad things about it from IP's with both Phenom and CAE.

I heard about a month ago the FAA was standing firm on making it a new type rating. Maybe they came to their senses...after all they are here to help! I too would like to see the Pro Line Fusion to make it common with the 85.

Latest resources

Back