• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Learjet 45 getting Garmin 3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well are the winglets spiroid, or fences, or what? SPILL IT MAN! (yes, I am a dork).

I actually read the EPIC Phase 5 alert on Citation Support; I do see there is an updated Alert issued 2/21 which superseded the alart issued 2/11 (the one I read) which I was not aware of. It appears like the updated alert removed the recommendation against coupled ILS/LPV approaches.

That 45 you saw at NBAA is our bird. They made us take the EFB's off. So now they sit in the office. Atleast till they come up with a answer for us. And I was just down in Dallas last week. BL told me that by mid-summer that the sim would be gone to Olathe. The crazy thing is I talked to the Phenom IP's down there and they have the Garmin in the 300 and 100. Told me that they've had tons of issues with them and that they are a pain in the ass. Makes you scratch your head why the hell Bombardier would choose unproven equipment such as this in a proven airplane.

Makes you scratch your head why the hell Bombardier would choose unproven equipment such as this in a proven airplane.

What ever is cheaper and who would do the work for them, I bet Garmin is doing all the work to make their boxes play. Just like Colins did the leg work for the PL21 in the 60.

We're booked for our recurrent in March and Alice in Dallas said the 2nd 45 sim will be around all this year but would be updated next year. I met with our Bombardier rep a couple of weeks ago and asked him the question about the "new" 45 update. He was vague but hinted that they're planning a cockpit upgrade from Honeywell, not Garmin. But who knows.

Latest resources

Back