• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Learjet 45 crashes in Telluride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone remember when the last accident was up there? It seems the Aspen accidents have made us all very aware going in there but not much going on in KTEX in comparison. My boss like to go there every now and then and it's a vfr gig for us.

The crew is OK and back in SDL after having had to drive home from TEX. They've gone through and survived something that none of us should ever have to experience. How about we avoid the speculation and unfair criticism until all of the facts have been established.

The crew is OK and back in SDL after having had to drive home from TEX. They've gone through and survived something that none of us should ever have to experience. How about we avoid the speculation and unfair criticism until all of the facts have been established.

Well said. These are our brothers folks.

AZ T

Wasn't intending to speculate.

Just curious how one would brief an approach to the remaining Flight Crew and manage to obscure the most important pieces of information dictating the (un)authorized use of an approach for a given situation and what that would sound like on the CVR.

ATC has the weather and basic approach information for NP and sometimes an overlay on their scope for Precision approches to track the progress of the operations in supplement to requested reports from crew while on segments of the approach. As an ARTCC and the volume of traffic at TEX could contribute to an oversight from ATC monitoring the approach and requirements, particulary if they were focused on a transponder misreporting the altitude.

I would take that drive any day of the week and twice on Sunday given the alternative outcomes. Looking at that wreck, probably spend the time finding/praising Jesus. Again, Glad they are unhurt.

100-1/2

After looking at the picture it's really incredible that the crew was able to walk away with minor injuries. My thoughts are with the crew, I can't imagine how difficult this situation must be for them. Having flown out of SDL and crossing paths with a few guys from Aerojet and even chartering their 45 for a couple of trips I feel a some what personal connection to the crew...I feel deeply for them.

Unlike many other airports in Colorado, Montrose offers a great alternative to Telluride and I wish that more passengers would view it as the best option when going into that area. A couple of new FBO buildings, new large hangars and a brand new Hampton Inn almost on the field it's not only easier, but in my mind the best option for the valley.

Last edited:
100 1/2 , Why dont you wait till the facts come out before you type that long boring post... Thanx...

Was there really a pressing need to mention his name here?

You want your name kicked around for every mistake you made in your life?

Hung

Latest resources

Back