• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Learjet 45 crashes in Telluride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we are going to speculate, let's speculate on the forces of nature that can produce such richard craniums like 100 - 1/2. What ever happened to you?

And dback, did the individual you mention steal your spouse while you were on a trip? Deets man, we need deets.

The clown who was the captain on this flight (XXXXXXX) was convicted of a DUI he received while on a company trip! This guy is the reason we have background checks, NDR checks and PRIA.

Boy that's real classy dropping the mans name like that on a public forum. Especially since there is no hint that alcohol played even the slightest role in this accident. I have flown with plenty of pilots who, while not flying, like to drink and some even drink heavily. But in the plane, they are good pilots and SOBER. On the flip side, I have flown with pilots who don't drink a drop and make lousy decisions even in VFR conditions.

Making implied accusations are uncalled for and IMHO bad form.

The previously mentioned pilot was the PNF and the PF was another Captain. I think we'd all be better served when the report comes out before we point the finger.

Wow. Seems this is how we got us an immigrant named Barry Soetoro in the White House. No one really wants to consider the question(s). They want to attack, smear and lob insult at the people posing the problem. Real classic, very professional and not unexpected in this forum.

Every six months and 12 months for some, you get on a plane fly to Simuflite, Flight Safety and others. You sit through CRM/ADM classroom instruction as an aspect of your recurrent training and discuss a tragic accident where a pilot or flight crew fail to recognize the error chain and break it before an event such as Telluride. I have never been to recurrent where anyone said of a recent newsworthy accident, "We are not going to speculate, discuss or acknowledge that accident, because it is under investigation and we don't comment until the Final Report is published." That is crap and you all know it. I guarantee, Bombardier is talking, telling, learning and teaching about everything gleaned from CAE to date and to every customer that walks through the doors, emphasizing the differences between serial numbers, SB's and operational characteristics to their clients. Most of all, I have never heard anyone trounce on an instructor teaching CRM/ADM for his personal conjecture of a particular tragedy whether or not final findings were published. But you do it here, and in spades.

My query injected mild humor into the question of briefing the approach before going into the airport. But I guess the REAL professionals here at FI don't brief approaches in real life; outside the sim once or twice a year. If you did, you would have found the humor as it were intended. Instead, attack the questioner. Slander kill and destroy him so the question is without merit. And if he is dead, we don't have to answer. Nice.

You didn't get that great job with excellent equipment and maintenance because you did everything perfect except, you briefed an approach procedure with meticulous precision including the section clearly spelling out, the category aircraft you were interviewing for was not approved for the procedure. Instead, you muddled around until Segrave called, needing a "Street Captain". Surprisingly you never cracked an FAR or discussed TERPS in their interview. And a Simulator/Proficiency Check? Yeah, right. You drink, smoke, have a good handicap and short game; you are "in" like flynn, particularly if the dispatch/sales girls think you are hot. Good luck with that.

100-1/2

Last edited:
My original message was deleted, bummer.

And I was not implying that alcohol may have been related to this accident, I was just pointing out that this is the kind of person we're dealing with here. I would be very suprised if this guy keeps his certificates.

And as far as speculation goes, I think that when the final report is out, it will be very close to the opinions of the speculators in this thread. Bottom line is they should not have attempted to go in there in those conditions. Cheers.

THey should shut down that airport once and for all! The runway is shaped like the Rose Bowl. I have been there once and I won't be back, CAVU or not.

There's nothing wrong with Telluride airport.

A poor carpenter blames his tools.

Probably just as well that you don't go back.

--You probably don't want to hear this, but they tow gliders out of there with a Cessna 150. The Cessna has no problem doing it...but you do?

Last edited:
I remember buying my first "KTEX" shirt a few years ago, the one that said, "Most planes fly at 9078', we land".

I've always worn that shirt with pride, I considered it a minor rite of passage as a corp pilot.

There's nothing wrong with Telluride airport.

A poor carpenter blames his tools.

Probably just as well that you don't go back.

--You probably don't want to hear this, but they tow gliders out of there with a Cessna 150. The Cessna has no problem doing it...but you do?

I can live with that Avbug! And you are right, reading useless info about Cessnas and gliders at TEX, I don't want to hear it! RING RING, hold on, the village is calling....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back