Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bafanguy said:
Uncle,

How many inquiries have you gotten ? I see these type of jobs advertised occasionally but don't know how the responses went. I'd guess there'd be no shortage of takers ?
.....about 50 for the 350' posting.......most of them aren't qualified or are over-qualified. Surprisingly, despite fuel prices, the economy (and the job market) seem to be faring pretty well.

CapnVegetto said:
Cavok's right. I have about 500 hours of LR-JET time, so I don't meet your requirements. But I'm pretty sure I could find a decent PIC or Co-Captain gig here in the states, and make somewhere near that pay, and I wouldn't have to move to freakin Kuwait and get shot at and blown up by frickin crazy a$$ arabs.

Might be a decent gig for a lower time guy looking for a type rating, but 3000 hours and 1000 in type? That's pretty steep for a gear puller in a Learjet.
Wow!.....I guess I should consider myself lucky that I took this job!.(if I consider the payscale that you're proposing) Back in the States, I was only making $75k as a Lear 35 Captain.
CapnVegetto said:
........and I wouldn't have to move to freakin Kuwait and get shot at and blown up by frickin crazy a$$ arabs.

yeah, you're right........the toughest part of my day is trying to wake up the wifey, so that she can mount the "fifty" and lay down some covering fire long enough for me to get the car started and go to work!

Maroone!!

Storm Chaser said:
Let me get this straight...you want someone to move to the other side of the world and not provide them with housing or transportation? Hell I was in India flying a cessna 340 and almost made that much. And how is the salary tax free??? Just wondering if my accountant did something wrong when I filed my income tax?

Like H25B said...pretty low pay for the qualifications your looking for and for being in a another country.
I find it really amusing how you guys "almost" made that much and are "almost" qualified for the job. Yeah, right; I "almost" dated a Supermodel and I "almost" won the Jersey Lottery!

Maybe your accountant did do something wrong. Or maybe he's laughing all the way to the bank, with your ex-money in hand. I don't know.

What I do know is that the government of Kuwait does not charge taxes. I also know that I wire transfer $4,000usd a month back to the States and other than my greedy bank taking their cut, nobody else touches a cent. I haven't talked to my accountant yet, but I've been told that I can send as much as $82,000usd back to the States each year, without it being taxed. And if that last statement isn't accurate, then anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows that there is more than one way to transfer money back to the States........but I won't go into detail on that one for obvious reasons!

With that said when you consider that standard deductions (taxes, medical etc.) in the US run around % 60-70, then that would make that $70,000 paycheck equivalent to a $100,000 paycheck. Now, if there is someone in the US making $100k to "pull the gear on a 35", please let me know and I'll send you my resume'.

CapnVegetto said:
Cavok's right. I have about 500 hours of LR-JET time, so I don't meet your requirements. But I'm pretty sure I could find a decent PIC or Co-Captain gig here in the states, and make somewhere near that pay, and I wouldn't have to move to freakin Kuwait and get shot at and blown up by frickin crazy a$$ arabs.

Might be a decent gig for a lower time guy looking for a type rating, but 3000 hours and 1000 in type? That's pretty steep for a gear puller in a Learjet.

was waitin for someone to say that, havent laughed so hard all day!

Well just to set the record straight there Spark.....69 K is almost 70k plus my company paid for all my transportation, provided me with a cell phone that I could call international and they footed the bill. Granted it was a company based in the states and that is why I had to pay taxes, but then again if you added in my private driver and cell phone...I would think that adds up to just about 70k if not more (TO FLY A CESSNA 340). Oh yeah....no contract either.

I dont want to waste my time and get into a argument here. I just think your requirments are a little high for what you have to do and where you have to do it.

i guess you have to ask yourself.. is making "100k" to yank the gear up on a 31a worth living in an area of current conflict that is not the friendliest to americans, sweating your ass off away from what most of us would consider civilization... ??

I guess what we were saying is that with those minimums you are competitive to fly a lear 31a as PIC in the US and probably make around 65-80k a year, while visiting your local bar on the weekends and not having to worry about being kidnapped and shipped to iraq for your scheduled be-hedding.

Just a thought!

Storm Chaser said:
Well just to set the record straight there Spark.....69 K is almost 70k plus my company paid for all my transportation, provided me with a cell phone that I could call international and they footed the bill. Granted it was a company based in the states and that is why I had to pay taxes, but then again if you added in my private driver and cell phone...I would think that adds up to just about 70k if not more (TO FLY A CESSNA 340). Oh yeah....no contract either.

I dont want to waste my time and get into a argument here. I just think your requirments are a little high for what you have to do and where you have to do it.

Yeah, but could you have endured staying in Hinduland for a year to make that much money if it was year round flying? :)

Uncle Sparky said:
the toughest part of my day is trying to wake up the wifey, so that she can mount the "fifty" and lay down some covering fire long enough for me to get the car started and go to work!

Maroone!!
OH!! AHA! Another fly-in-the-ointment! We have to buy our OWN AMMO!

Latest resources

Back