Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Uncle Sparky

Beano Tester
Our company is looking for a "lower" time F/O to fly out of our home base; the lovely desert paradise of Kuwait City.

The aircraft is a low-time (1,600hrs) nicely equipped and maintained Lear 31a. Planned flight hours for next year are 400 (we are currently flying less than 250hrs though).

Operations include day trips throughout the entire Arabian Peninsula, northern Africa and some overnights in Europe. We have been averaging 4-8 overnights/month.

Duties will be inline with CFR pt91 industry standards for a First Officer, and we fly within the duty/flight time rules of pt135. Minimal collateral duties will be required but rest assured, you won't be cleaning landing gear and vacuuming the airplane (we have a ground crew for that purpose).

Time requirements are 3,000 t/t....2,000 turbine....1,000 Lear 30 series (only 31, 35, 36!!). These requirements are stated in our insurance agreement so don't bother if you don't meet or exceed them. On that same note, the boss wants "a lower time, sub-30 year old" First Officer. He also stated that he "won't hire anyone who has a type that begins with an A or a B". I know it sounds corny (I'm just the messenger) but what he's afraid of is the "greener pastures" phenomenon. With that said, a one year training agreement (no cost out of your pocket unless you leave early) is part of the contract.

Now, the important part……..PAY: IRO-$70,000usd/yr Medical, Dental and Life are included. The salary is tax-free and if you wire it back to the States, the same applies up to $82k. (I think it may have been raised to $85k, if anyone knows let me know).

Anyone who is interested PM me.

Patrick

h25b said:
How is housing handled ???
That's a frequent question that I get in the department of "Mid-East Horror Stories and Misinformation". I've been told that what our company does is common in the ME. The salary includes a transportation allowance and a housing allowance but those are factored into the total salary figure.

As a hypothetical example; the above listed number is $70k.

Base pay might be $50,000. Housing could be $15,000. Transportation would be $5,000 and bring the total to $70,000.

There are very few "compounds" in Kuwait and those are either for regular military or contract security teams. Even those aren't really a compound (like Saudi Arabia has) but just an apartment building or floor that a company rents. Rent for a descent place starts around $800/mo. Simply put, you rent a place just like you do in most western countries. They even have Century 21 here!

Seems like it won't be easy to find someone with that kind of time that wants to move halfway across the world to pull gear in a Lear. Heck, that's almost enough for PIC over here, depending on the company. It sure would be nice not having to pay tax though.

Uncle,

How many inquiries have you gotten ? I see these type of jobs advertised occasionally but don't know how the responses went. I'd guess there'd be no shortage of takers ?

Last edited:
That's pretty low pay for the qualifications and the fact that it's in Kuwait. The 70K figure wouldn't be bad if they provided housing on top of that.

Let me get this straight...you want someone to move to the other side of the world and not provide them with housing or transportation? Hell I was in India flying a cessna 340 and almost made that much. And how is the salary tax free??? Just wondering if my accountant did something wrong when I filed my income tax?

Like H25B said...pretty low pay for the qualifications your looking for and for being in a another country.

Not at all worth it imo... I hate the middle east and with that "low" amount of flight time, you could easily find a PIC Jet job in the states and make the same amount of money.
YOur bosses requirements are unrealistic

Cavok's right. I have about 500 hours of LR-JET time, so I don't meet your requirements. But I'm pretty sure I could find a decent PIC or Co-Captain gig here in the states, and make somewhere near that pay, and I wouldn't have to move to freakin Kuwait and get shot at and blown up by frickin crazy a$$ arabs.

Might be a decent gig for a lower time guy looking for a type rating, but 3000 hours and 1000 in type? That's pretty steep for a gear puller in a Learjet.

Latest resources

Back