• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lear 25D: Pros and cons please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for the Sabre, I don't know about the 65, but the 40 and 60 didn't have any wing deice/anti-ice. And with the step down into the cabin, women tend to dislike the aircraft.

The 65 series is a hot wing cold tail unlike the 40,60,75, and 80 series. Never had it in heavy ice but I had heard it did very well. The one piece spar makes it very tough to hurt. Built like a brick $*&# House

It might sound simple but the baggage capacity SUCKS! You have to load bags through the cabin (which was a lot of fun in 115 degree Arizona heat). and once the crew baggage is in there is room for about 2-3 small bags.

I honestly think if he will hate life in the lear 25. Sure its cheap and fast but he will go broke and get frustrated maintaining it not to mention fueling it. He might as well buy a GII so at least he can tell the ladies he has a Gulfstream :)

...31A is much nicer to fly than the 35 in my opinion

I haven't flown the 31A, but I have flown a 31 with the extended range kit. It was a bear to keep in CG. Plus had a dinky baggage compartment. But the 35 has better range and a higher gross weight. Plus I believe most of the 31's only have the executive (narrow) door. Add in that the 31A is much newer, the buy in price is much higher.

Doing the RVSM upgraded to the 35 really helped the 200 autopilot. Much smoother.

As for fuel burn, on the 25 your will normally see around 600 P/h per side at idle during taxi. That is pretty close to what you will see for fuel burn at cruise at or above FL410. That is why you will see many 20 series taxiing on one engine. The only problem with that is that it puts a lot of strain on the nose wheel steering. The 3o's burn right around 200 p/h per side on taxi. On takeoff at sea level the fuel flow gauges will be pegged above 3000 p/h per side.

Last edited:
I haven't flown the 31A, but I have flown a 31 with the extended range kit. It was a bear to keep in CG. Plus had a dinky baggage compartment. But the 35 has better range and a higher gross weight. Plus I believe most of the 31's only have the executive (narrow) door. Add in that the 31A is much newer, the buy in price is much higher.

Doing the RVSM upgraded to the 35 really helped the 200 autopilot. Much smoother.

As for fuel burn, on the 25 your will normally see around 600 P/h per side at idle during taxi. That is pretty close to what you will see for fuel burn at cruise at or above FL410. That is why you will see many 20 series taxiing on one engine. The only problem with that is that it puts a lot of strain on the nose wheel steering. The 3o's burn right around 200 p/h per side on taxi. On takeoff at sea level the fuel flow gauges will be pegged above 3000 p/h per side.

We had two 31a's both had wide doors, all I have seen have wide doors. With standard fuel you have no CG problems. I think the narrow door is rare and ER fuel is rare also because of the lost of baggage space. Standard fuel range is @ 1200 nm no wind. The 31 does fly great, needs little runway and you can't normally overload it with the availbile higher TO weights. The avionics and autopilot are great in the 31a.

Latest resources

Back