• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC or NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12 active line pilots dropped off this months list. More actually dropped, but those were furloughed who aren't coming back. They've apparently hired new folks, but there is still a net loss, and there are more planes than we had last year to fly, so netjets is falling further behind than the numbers would portray.

Lots of planes sitting uncrewed.

First year pay at a major is equal to ten year FO pay at Netjets. Also, quicker upgrade, better retirement, huge pay increase after 12 months, better schedule, etc. I'm just sayin...

First year pay at a major is equal to ten year FO pay at Netjets. Also, quicker upgrade, better retirement, huge pay increase after 12 months, better schedule, etc. I'm just sayin...

I wouldn't say first year major pay is equal to ten year FO pay at NJA. Maybe second. But I get your point.

Yep. I've just been around too long. I still think of Continental's first year pay/no insurance deal of old. :)

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone...

Or else soon you are going to get a bunch of new hires and interviewees telling you how much better NJA and corporate flying is... And how they are about to hit the jackpot..

Wonder how they will feel after year 10 of SIC'ing in a 30k# corporate jet.

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone...

Or else soon you are going to get a bunch of new hires and interviewees telling you how much better NJA and corporate flying is... And how they are about to hit the jackpot..

Wonder how they will feel after year 10 of SIC'ing in a 30k# corporate jet.

How do guys survive in HI first yr at $36/hr? Serious question.

AA new first year rate is 78k. Ten year FO at Netjets 80K. I think you get my point.

Delta friend of mine just bumped into a 5 year MD88 FO who made close to $200K last year with creative green-slip bidding. Evidently he flew a lot but he is single and saving his cash. $150K after a few years is realistic without much green slipping. Not sure if the green slip opportunities will be there in the future as they ramp-up though....

I wouldn't say first year major pay is equal to ten year FO pay at NJA. Maybe second. But I get your point.

Do NJ pilots get 15% on top of their pay given as a 401k contribution + potential profit sharing?

I'd be willing to bet some guys first year at a major will outstrip 80k without breaking a sweat.

Do NJ pilots get 15% on top of their pay given as a 401k contribution + potential profit sharing?

I'd be willing to bet some guys first year at a major will outstrip 80k without breaking a sweat.

Shhhhhhhh..... We cannot allow it to be accepted Legacy flying is more lucrative...

Especially an FO starting at NJA vs. a Legacy FO if they both started class tomorrow.

Latest resources

Back