• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LCC or NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
US is THE train wreck of the industry. If you like high stakes where everyone is a loser then sign right up.

This business isn't about aircraft size, uniforms, nonreving or fortune and glory anymore.

To me, at least, it's about a steady paycheck (good money), 100% paid benes and good time off with NO commute.

Thank god for the airlines though... I need to get to my plane somehow.

REVEREND!!!!!!

Shouldn't be a hard choice, but just wanted to hear input if one had to choose recall to group 2 at U (737/A320) or Netjets. Thanks in advance for the opinions.

I want to know if this is a trick question. I'll call Tempe and make sure you get popped for a random drug test if you take the recall to that train wreck.

This business isn't about aircraft size, uniforms, nonreving or fortune and glory anymore.

Amen to that. I've got a friend that is just dead set against flying anything smaller than an Airbus...and that's fine and all but I think that can be a little greedy when you factor a wife and kids into the mix. But that's just my opinion...

Long live the smoking monkey! :)

Um .. hmm.. let me help you!!

A few months ago I flew with a former USAir Captain. He had been there for 18 years and was in his early 40s (he got on young). After the merger with AWA and the list merger fiasco, he bailed on USAir and came to NJA.

He had been a Captain on a Bus and then got bumped to FO on something smaller (can't remember what). He told me that he figured another 10 years to get back to the left seat.

He had no regrets about bailing on them and was happy here.

I'll echo what all the other airline to frac posters have said time and again. Though there are certainly some little (maybe big to some) negatives vs the airlines, such as the cleaning/stocking, no bidding over start times (a tendency towards early starts), and so forth, but on balance I MUCH prefer the flying variety, lifestyle, and dealing with the pax over the airlines. Of course it's not for everyone. As for not flying the heavy iron, I could give a hoot.

They say the price of oil "should" be $50 a barrel or so were it not for risk priced into it, which has raised the risk-factored price to around $80 (and yes, this in turn is now bumped even higher to $120, but that added amount is mostly a temporary commodity bubble driven by flawed U.S. easy-money/cheap dollar monetary policy). Well, the 121 carriers (mostly) are MUCH riskier now than fracs, so unless you see a huge premium for the incredible risk now faced there, it is way underpaid. I wouldn't even trade my job for that kind of pay factor, as I'm fed up with waking up every morning with a mental ulcer regarding some foolish merger or base change policy or something. Not saying any company that uses airplanes is immune to bad surprises, but stability is a relative term.

Last edited:
A few months ago I flew with a former USAir Captain. He had been there for 18 years ... he figured another 10 years to get back to the left seat...

:eek: Holy crap! He'd be a 28-year FO before upgrade? I'm sure the Age 65 change didn't help him either...

Amen to that. I've got a friend that is just dead set against flying anything smaller than an Airbus...and that's fine and all but I think that can be a little greedy when you factor a wife and kids into the mix. But that's just my opinion...

Long live the smoking monkey! :)

I'm told a few guys left NJA last year to goto Skybus because they wanted to fly something bigger.

I wonder how much yeager you have to drink to kill that kind of pain.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back