• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voice of Reason

Jealous much???

Sheesh!!!

You DARED turned down the sacred NJA offer?
You must be crazy...
Don't you know NJA is today's best thing since UAL?
They are paid the best, get to kiss the best a$$es, get to eat the best crew meals...
Don't you know 100 year old Warren Buffett owns NJA and he's going to live forever, and anyone who follows will be specially programmed to do exactly as he has done (just erase the last 20 years of pilot pay from your mind)?
Don't you know the best of the best wealthy they drool over will never EVER cut back on private flying, no matter how high oil is or how many of their companies tank in this increasingly poor economy?
Don't you know anyone who turns them down must be an idiot and anyone who thinks differently about their company "must have been turned down" there?:smash:
There. I must have have saved 17 pages or so of clutter from this thread.
Congrats and good luck to you. Take the adventures while you can, so you don't end up like 80 percent of the NJA guys on here who have to try and justify THEIR inner voices by expressing the above 24/7 on a message board, rather than getting out and enjoying the life they claim so many should aspire to. :eek:
Carry on

Jealous much???
Sheesh!!!

Predictably inane reply as expected.
Yeah, you're 3rd on my "I wish I could be a" list...right behind American and Delta skygods. :laugh:

We report / you decide

I think it depends on how good your airline is. it can be tough choice. i am waiting to hear from nja after an interview a couple of weeks ago. my airline is not doing that great but i still make what a nja captain makes and i get 18 days off as compared to 14 days off. there was 2 nja guys in my newhire class at the airline (that was when it was the old contract though).I still havent decided if its the best choice or not but atleast nja looks a little better on paper. good luck.

Confussed I am, if your getting what is highlighted in red then why leave? What schedule and year are you comparing earings if you make as much. Granted, we don't make FedEx wages, but we are not FedEx. We wages now that pilots can survive and be proud.
I'll ask you the following. Does your airline cover your medical/dental at 100% company cost? Does your airline cover your FAA medical and EKG (if needed)? Do they provide you a $400 uniform allowance plus $100 for alterations? Do they provide crew meals and a tax-free per diem? Do they offer 100 bases? Are you paid if a flight cxl? Are you paid to travel to work? Are you able to reap the benefits of keeping your hotel and airline points? How about O/T for your duty day more then 12 hours?
Not being an ass mind ya, just pointing some of the benefits a lot of pilots don't realize NJA pilots receive. I have talk with more then a fair share of airline pilots that don't have a clue what we do and what we are about. Either they are living in a damn box or they have their head in the hole in the ground.
Look long term and dig deep to find out everything about NJA. Ask any of us in an airport when you are killing time and you'll discover a wealth of info.
Good luck with your company.

Amen to that. I've got a friend that is just dead set against flying anything smaller than an Airbus...and that's fine and all but I think that can be a little greedy when you factor a wife and kids into the mix. But that's just my opinion...

Long live the smoking monkey! :)

im glad...cause that makes my 135k working less than 182 days per year and no charge for heath ins job just that much better.

Tell your buddy with the complex to just stay...lol

Um .. hmm.. let me help you!!

A few months ago I flew with a former USAir Captain. He had been there for 18 years and was in his early 40s (he got on young). After the merger with AWA and the list merger fiasco, he bailed on USAir and came to NJA.

He had been a Captain on a Bus and then got bumped to FO on something smaller (can't remember what). He told me that he figured another 10 years to get back to the left seat.

He had no regrets about bailing on them and was happy here.

Looks like he made the wrong choice. whoops!

Looks like he'll be F/0 at Netjets even longer and on something even smaller. Lot less pay too!
He should've heeded the old saying: The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

Latest resources

Back