LCC/AMR Merger offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 things I like about the potential merger:

1. AA's paint job (or lack there of). Polished AL looks great. If I ever get enough cash to build an RV-8 it will be polished.

2. not having to say "cactus". although I'll have to learn to say "do you want fries with that" after us seniority bottom feeders are furloughed when all the narrow bodies are outsourced to republic.

I think the polished look is gone. The planes will be painted now.

This is a pic of the 77W delivered to AA a few days ago:
http://www.airlinereporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AA1.jpg

They are rolling out the new paint job soon

The 787 is composite and, therefore, the shiny aluminum paint job won't work. Plus, it seems that every airline shows off a new livery post bankruptcy.

You speak as if you were not from 'Merika. A great majority of the population lives where you described, and damn if they don't like to visit/trade with each other a whole lot.

Your analysis is fail.

I forgot about that, you are right. USAirways has had tremendous success with the N-S East coast route system over the years, the results speak for themselves. If this merger happens American's route system will be the foundation, I could be wrong but I am going to say that CLT will become more like a PIT, CVG or STL. There's a difference between a good market and a good hub. CLT is a hub because all the better hubs were taken. We can agree to disagree and we will probably get to see what happens soon enough because it looks like this is going to happen. It's going to be very messy. Peace.

2 things I like about the potential merger:

1. AA's paint job (or lack there of). Polished AL looks great. If I ever get enough cash to build an RV-8 it will be polished.

2. not having to say "cactus". although I'll have to learn to say "do you want fries with that" after us seniority bottom feeders are furloughed when all the narrow bodies are outsourced to republic.

For me the 2 things I like about the potential merger are

1. Getting a raise

2. Burning the stupidest looking pilot uniform ever created

I forgot about that, you are right. USAirways has had tremendous success with the N-S East coast route system over the years, the results speak for themselves. If this merger happens American's route system will be the foundation, I could be wrong but I am going to say that CLT will become more like a PIT, CVG or STL. There's a difference between a good market and a good hub. CLT is a hub because all the better hubs were taken. We can agree to disagree and we will probably get to see what happens soon enough because it looks like this is going to happen. It's going to be very messy. Peace.

CLT is the 7th busiest airport in the world for take offs and landings (and that was back in 2011). Yes its a good hub. Not sure which AA hub in the East is already better. YMMV.

CLT is the 7th busiest airport in the world for take offs and landings (and that was back in 2011). Yes its a good hub. Not sure which AA hub in the East is already better. YMMV.

Traffic doesnt always equate to sustainability. LAS is busier than JFK in terms of movements, but hardly a key hub city. LAS is also busier than PHL, DTW, PHX, EWR.

Then we can apply at republic to fly our old routes!

Some of us already have that t-shirt.

Ding - J4J round 2, THE RETURN OF THE DISGRUNTLED FURLOUGHED GUY

Now you can be FO to a guy who was taught how to fly by a guy who was taught by another guy you taught how to fly 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back