Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aviatormar

Hello All,
I looked for old posts about the LCAL hiring mins and couldn't find any. Assuming that the old LCAL mins are used, what where they during the hiring spree of 2005 and on? Where where the competitive mins during the hiring boom that LCAL had, from lets say 2005 and on? Thanks so much.

most of the guys in my class had around 10,000 hours tt with instructor experience and PIC time. The background varied from military to regional with a couple of corporate.

Every son and daughter got hired with only a commercial cert., most just rj fos. Had a buddy fly for mesa for a year and a half as an fo then got hired in 2006ish. All they cared about was 1000 pic. And that could have been in a c-152.

We were hiring 16 a week, I know ones that got hired that didn't have any pic time but were obap members. That really wasn't the question though, if you fall in to none of those categories you probably will need some time. If you are a son or daughter then that is a completely different category and you wouldn't need to be on here asking the mins. When the time comes to fill out an app fill it out and update your hours and hopefully you get called sooner then later. Good luck.

So going forward, do you think a college degree and a few thousand turbine PIC and a clean background (no failures, no DUI) be good enough to get a job?

How many people do you think will apply if UAL ever starts hiring? My guess is it will be very competitive. An internal recommendation from a pilot/manager type seems to increase your chances of getting a call the most.

yes, that would be plenty, but like above said internal rec. as well. Some in my class were recommended by friends still in newhire training. Maybe a few family members etc have put in their apps over the last few years that may jump ahead for this next hiring wave with no turbine PIC or college degree, but after that most people will be around 8K+TT and 1000+ PIC, 4 year degree (especially after this drought of hiring). Just to have some process to start thinning out apps.

I know of several hired without a college degree.
During the last round of hiring, NONE were hired without a college degree. Before the last round of hiring there were plenty of people hired without a college degree. I know because I came VERY highly recommended by MANY people in the right places and I could not get an interview without a degree. Will that apply this time? Time will tell and I hope they will start taking people without the degree. I'd like to make my move.

Latest resources

Back