• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest USAPAwatch.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know Steve and I know he went to Freedom only to bag the type rating. He never intended to fly there.....but....

Even though I love the thought of Johnny O forking out $30,000 or whatever to train Steve and then never make a dime off his services, I don't agree with that sort of career move. PFT, union busting airlines.....none of that in my resume and there won't be.

Having said that, these boards bring about the most reprehensible, hateful behavior, don't they?

I keep hearing he didn't quit after getting a type rating. He was fired. He claims it was because he refused to fly...word in PHX is he failed IOE to the point of termination. I believe the latter. He admits he was fired. Why would anybody want a termination in their record when he could have picked up a type rating and simply RESIGNED? His story doesn't make any sense.

Yup exactly. As for complaining about the thread, this is exactly what message boards are for, get the word out in all of its ugly truth. We need less censorship not more.

Yup exactly. As for complaining about the thread, this is exactly what message boards are for, get the word out in all of its ugly truth. We need less censorship not more.
You can do that without violating the Terms of Service.

They're not my rules, but when I was approached to be a Mod, I agreed to uphold them, and that's what I'm going to do. If people don't like those rules, they're free to find another board to talk in and see if they get away with it or start their own and see how long it takes to get sued. The rules exist for a reason.

As far as I know, this board is the MOST lax of any of them out there, and this has gone as far as it's going to.

Yes, but what we have her Raoul is Lear70 essentially supporting us in that these lower forms of life need to be continuously ratted out because they either:

1. Crossed a picket line and took your job

or

2. Took your job by going to the non-union alter ego outfit.

Either way, Lear70 recognizes these persons as a lower life form and wouldn't have a thing to do with them. It's just that his bosses don't like phone calls from these lower life forms threatening legal action for supporting the thrashing of their names on the public board.

Thats all.

I do agree with Lear70, however, Crimi by running for EVP is now a public figure. Like a politician, he is holding himself up as someone to be voted for in an election that is important to many pilots, just like Prater and Woerth, he is holding himself up for scrutiny based on his record.

Perhaps the type of condemnation has gotten out of hand, but his record and his actions speak the truth.

The truth is, he did work for Freedom Airlines while Mesa Pilots were in Section 6 negotiations. He did it contrary to the wishes of the AAA MEC and the Mesa MEC. Now he wants to represent USAirways pilots; I think he's a bad choice.

I do agree with Lear70, however, Crimi by running for EVP is now a public figure. Like a politician, he is holding himself up as someone to be voted for in an election that is important to many pilots, just like Prater and Woerth, he is holding himself up for scrutiny based on his record.

Perhaps the type of condemnation has gotten out of hand, but his record and his actions speak the truth.

The truth is, he did work for Freedom Airlines while Mesa Pilots were in Section 6 negotiations. He did it contrary to the wishes of the AAA MEC and the Mesa MEC. Now he wants to represent USAirways pilots; I think he's a bad choice.

Agree with much of what you say here, but....

The misapplication of the term SCAB waters down the real meaning of the word. There are pilots who have scabbed at a lot of airlines (some which might hit close to home for ya), but Crimi isn't one of them.

As for whether Crimi is a bad choice, I disagree, but I will say that he's made some bad choices. Doesn't mean he can't do this particular job well though (and even, perhaps, better than your favorite candidate, even in protecting your interests....believe it or not, which I'm sure you won't.)

I know you guys don't care about this union, but it could be so much better than ALPA if we could find a way to get along. (FENCE)

I know you guys don't care about this union, but it could be so much better than ALPA if we could find a way to get along. (FENCE)

Maybe you can go back to the future and make that argument to Nicolau.

The issue BeCareful is the underlying value system of an elected official. In the case of Crimi, that value system, AS IT RELATES TO BEST PROTECTING THE INTERESTS OF A UNION MEMBER, are in serious doubt. And is based on his past behavior, which is NOT in dispute.

Crimi was more than willing to whore out to a alter-ego outfit, while the current contracting carrier was in opening negotiations with the company. THAT is a big no-no!

He knew it, and he should pay the price!

And he likely will pay the price, if he hasn't already, and will keep paying it, as a dedicated union member will never forget!

Last edited:
Guilt by association. Crimi is a SCAB, MCDU supports Crimi = MCDU is a SCAB!!!

There is justice. MCDU bags on West guys for some of their ties to Mesa. Then it turns out an East guy (Crimi) running for a union position is a Mesa SCAB! Oooops!!!

MCDufuss is probably a freedom faggot himself.

Agree with much of what you say here, but....

The misapplication of the term SCAB waters down the real meaning of the word. There are pilots who have scabbed at a lot of airlines (some which might hit close to home for ya), but Crimi isn't one of them.

Well, senor - we all know what you are referring to - but, I believe (correct me if I am wrong) that technically the Ansett guys all walked off of the job en masse - there wasn't a strike - so are the guys that took over technically Scabs?

Make no mistake - I am NOT condoning the actions of either group - but if we are talking using the straight definition of "scab"......

Don't forget about another usapa guy that supposedly "just interviewed for practice" at CAL in 83 or 85, but turns out he actually went to work during the strike.

THE TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION !!

:laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back