Latest UAL recall stats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ILStoMinimums said:
Where are most of the furloughed UAL guys now? Are most flying or doing other business?

I, for one, have returned to the military. Over the past 4 years back on active duty, I've met many furloughees who've returned to fly and pick up their military careers, many have been promoted and been very successful.

Gordo said:
I, for one, have returned to the military. Over the past 4 years back on active duty, I've met many furloughees who've returned to fly and pick up their military careers, many have been promoted and been very successful.
Yes,... surprisingly successful.

UAL guys,

Sorry for the ignorant question, but what is the bypass deal at United like? After everyone has been called what's the time frame before you have to resign/have the last chance to come back?

Thanks

They go to the bottom of the list and then start back up in reverse order. You can come back at any time after you bypass (if there are openings) or wait until they get back up to your number and then you have to either return or resign.

Last edited:
latest stats

Just got back from the June 5th class and it has been announced that there is going to be another class in August. Bob Neil made a guess at the beginning of the class that there might be three more classes this year. For what its worth......

Joe

Joe,

Welcome back!

727scammer said:
Just got back from the June 5th class and it has been announced that there is going to be another class in August. Bob Neil made a guess at the beginning of the class that there might be three more classes this year. For what its worth......

Joe

Hey Joe-

Hope class is going well. Could you give us a breakdown on equipment and domiciles for the June 5th class?

I guess I'm still two below you and will be expecting a call for the August class.

There is at least one guy from our initial UA newhire class that is now an A320 captain at JB and one who is an E190 captain. Another is an A320 F/O.

Take care

GP

Have they started calling pilots for the new August class? Someone post the stats if they get them...i.e. bypass rate for the class, etc.

John

Latest resources

Back