Latest UAL recall stats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fox-Tree said:
Recalled summer 05 - I guess it helped someone.

It's too bad some end up feeling that returning to UAL is the only answer. I was lucky - but I'd leave flying before I went back to that....Are they that desperate that they're willing to be left standing with their xxxx in their hand for a second time? Maybe next time they'll be even less able to deal with it - older, less marketable, less flexible, wife, kids, whatever.
None of us were there long enough to have our lives revolving around that airline.

Nice. So, how do you really feel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fox-Tree,
Thanks for the candid info. I, for one, would also use the bypass until the last possible minute.
The whims of pax may come and go, but people will always want to ship boxes and packages. FedEx and UPS should have a bright future.

Kind of funny that when you give an honest yet stark appraisal of what you're doing, it can stir the pot. I don't take offense even if I am one of those going back for a second try. And if I do, and get burned again, so be it. The wife and kids will still love me. However, there are some 6-figure jobs out there that might pull me over to the "dark side". We'll see.
Good luck in your future flying.

Last edited:
39 more recall notices went out today for the 5 June class. Rumor is that the 5 June class is 5 A320s, 25 737s ... possibly the cause of increased bypasses?

That makes junior man with recall notice #7926, hired 3/6/00.

28 Apr Update

MEC Furlough Coordinator Todd Coomans reported that 1,175 furloughed United pilots have been offered recall. Of the 1,175, 430 have returned to the property. 499 pilots bypassed recall, with 193 accepting recall, but are on Military or Personal Leave status.
Coomans reported that 10 furloughed pilots resigned upon recall. He also reported that for every five pilots recall notices sent, two pilots accept recall, two bypass and one accepts bypass, but is placed on either military or personal leave.

232 furloughed United pilots were placed with feeder carriers which had an agreement with United for preferential placement. Those carriers are SkyWest, Mesa, TransStates and Republic Airways.

Just curious. With numbers like those listed in the above post, when would UAL potentially start to hire again? Just a guess is all I'm lookin for. Thanks.

Quiet Flight said:
Just curious. With numbers like those listed in the above post, when would UAL potentially start to hire again? Just a guess is all I'm lookin for. Thanks.

The rumor is this time next year, but who knows. There is still a bunch of guys who have the option to come back and there is talk of everything from mergers to deliveries. Your guess is probably as good as anyone else's.

The ten that resigned upon recall, are those pilots who took another job, say at SW, and had to resign their seniority number?

hyflyt560 said:
The ten that resigned upon recall, are those pilots who took another job, say at SW, and had to resign their seniority number?

No. They didn't have to resign their seniority number until the second bypass.

Fox-Tree said:
HTML:
I don't think I made the best decision - that would have been Fedex in 1998.  I'm not a gambler and if I had a clue about the cyclic nature of pax aviation, I would have pursued Fedex then.  I didn't do a good job educating myself and paid for it.

Interesting. Sorry you dislike UAL so much. I suppose we should have shuttered the doors before we furloughed pilots. That would have made you happy? If you did not have an idea that the airlines are cyclical WTF were you doing before you walked in the door? UAL has had some of the biggest cycles of all and if you did not do your research then blame yourself and not the airline. As for FEDEX I hope it works out for you. However, since you seem to not have clue about anything in the industry let me share a term you may want to read up on, "cabotage". Once you have read and educated yourself you can get back to us on the rosey future.

By the way how is the contract battle going at FDX?
HTML:
As far as resigning, I think that would be unnecessarily burning a bridge.  I'll keep ALL options opened until I'm forced to close them.  Honestly though, if Fedex tanked, I'd probably turn one of my current hobbies into a business and leave flying.

My understanding is that FDX was requiring everyone that came to work from another carrier to resign. Are you saying you did not comply with your employers requirements?

Latest resources

Back