Latest SWA interview Intel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Headfake14 said:
Yea...they don't really like the "prep" done. They'd rather see the real you. BUT...I talked to a couple that DID the prep and they passed on some key info. I'd do that and get your stories in line...approx dates, crew, and maybe practice telling them.

Hey...I went to my interview dressed in drag.....got the job !!! Still dress that way on layovers....but just for fun. Goes over real big with the crew.

Tejas

Drag? hahaha...that's awesome. When did you interview?

I heard a guy showed up in bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian (sp) shirt. He was hired.

I did a few extra things for my interview...but don't wanna let the cat out of the bag yet in fear the PD actually reads this stuff. My DB is in March.

When I interviewed at WN back in September they first gathered us in a room to brief us. One of the pilots asked who did any interview prep. No one raised their hand. He than said "Everyone should raise their hand. Either professional prep or the info posted on the internet, all of you should have done something."
Hope this helps...good luck.

Now only if Team Canada can pull their heads outta their ass today...

Bobby Orr 4 said:
When I interviewed at WN back in September they first gathered us in a room to brief us. One of the pilots asked who did any interview prep. No one raised their hand. He than said "Everyone should raise their hand. Either professional prep or the info posted on the internet, all of you should have done something."
Hope this helps...good luck.

Now only if Team Canada can pull their heads outta their ass today...

I flew a trip with a guy who does interviews at SWA. He stated that he felt proper preparation was hugely important. He felt that military guys who were retiring after 20+ years were very polished in the interview because they were coming from high level ranks where they did evaluation reports and were used to such office one and one situations. He felt that the civvy guys who were actually better prepared for the 121 enviroment and flying for SWA however were less polished because they kind just walked in and weren't ready to be able to in a very, very short period of time express who they are, what kind of a pilot they are, and what kind of SWA family member they would be. For what it is worth this guy was a civvy background and recommended that at a minimum you really read up on the gouge and think about (but not memorize) answers to common SWA questions. He also felt preps could be very useful for folks who have zero experience in interview like situations as long as they weren't looking for a specific "answer" to getting the job, but rather a specific "polish" to getting the job.

Headfake14 said:
Drag? hahaha...that's awesome. When did you interview?

I heard a guy showed up in bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian (sp) shirt. He was hired.

I did a few extra things for my interview...but don't wanna let the cat out of the bag yet in fear the PD actually reads this stuff. My DB is in March.

Doing things like the bermuda shorts is very dangerous. You have to be able to sell it as really the kind of funky person you are. Most times someone goes goofy at SWA interview with weird ties, stunts, etc. they are doing it because they think SWA wants it, not because it represent the kind of person they are. That won't get you hired. On the other hand if you can make it believable (the only way is if it really is *who* you are) it can get you the job.

I still think for 98% of the folks out there the soultion is a new suit, polished shoes, a simple tie, and a really down to earth positive attitude that shows you would be fun to fly with for a 4 day trip while still being a total professional in your flying.

canyonblue737 said:
Doing things like the bermuda shorts is very dangerous. You have to be able to sell it as really the kind of funky person you are. Most times someone goes goofy at SWA interview with weird ties, stunts, etc. they are doing it because they think SWA wants it, not because it represent the kind of person they are. That won't get you hired. On the other hand if you can make it believable (the only way is if it really is *who* you are) it can get you the job.
canyonblue737 said:
I still think for 98% of the folks out there the soultion is a new suit, polished shoes, a simple tie, and a really down to earth positive attitude that shows you would be fun to fly with for a 4 day trip while still being a total professional in your flying.

I totally agree with that. My little extra thing I brought is me and I didn't feel out of character at all with it. I feel all went well. Definately wouldn't recomend doing something like that just for the sake of being different...I know the interview folks would see right through it.

capt. megadeth said:
That's pretty sad that someone has to worry about not getting hired due to posting on a website.

Capt M,

I personally know someone who got pulled into the CP's office for a posting on interview gouge at NWA. Not a good situation.

FlyBoeingJets said:
Capt M,

I personally know someone who got pulled into the CP's office for a posting on interview gouge at NWA. Not a good situation.

First, I find that very hard to believe.

Second, the concept of free speech should negate any retribution.

320AV8R

1st Amedment Rights

The 1st Amendment right regarding Free Speech is inapplicable in this situation. The Government cannot ban (State, Federal) but an employer can limit an individual's speech.

Also, what you do AWAY from work is also having an impact on one's employment, i.e., Alaska Airlines has a "No Tobacco" policy for individuals hired after a certain date in their employee handbook (or so I have been told); an employer in Michigan is implementing the same policy. The Michigan employer is stating that it is to keep medical insurance costs down/reasonable. Haven't seen anything about alcohol (yet) but I suppose that one is coming down the pipe in the [hopefully distant] future. (I don't mean FAR's or "do not drink while on duty", but an actual prohibition against alcohol on one's own free time and days off).

Obesity / Weight will probably come before alcohol -- there are rewards given to some employees who lose weight and become "healthier" at their present employer. Not a prohibition about size, but an active involvement in making sure employees are not overweight.

As of today, tobacco, alcohol, and one's diet doesn't give rise to Constitutionally protected "privacies", like say, marriage and contraception.

Back to the regularly scheduled program.......

FurloughedGal said:
The 1st Amendment right regarding Free Speech is inapplicable in this situation. The Government cannot ban (State, Federal) but an employer can limit an individual's speech.

Free speech is guaranteed by the Constitution, and NO employer can limit that.

320AV8R

Latest resources

Back