Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T2Pilot

Thanks!

Disregard.....don't want anyone to get violated on my behalf. Good luck!

Last edited:
Yea...they don't really like the "prep" done. They'd rather see the real you. BUT...I talked to a couple that DID the prep and they passed on some key info. I'd do that and get your stories in line...approx dates, crew, and maybe practice telling them.

Did you try www.aviationinterviews.com?

For those thinking of posting their experience on any website, including this one, I would be very careful about providing actual interview dates, number of hours, etc. It would not take much for them to figure out who you are, and not offer you the job. If it is possible, put a date such as 02-00-06 - that way you are not including a real date, but people know the intel is current.

Good luck to everyone in their interviews! :)

Resume Writer said:
For those thinking of posting their experience on any website, including this one, I would be very careful about providing actual interview dates, number of hours, etc. It would not take much for them to figure out who you are, and not offer you the job.

:)

That's pretty sad that someone has to worry about not getting hired due to posting on a website.

Has that actually happened. I'd guess it would have been from someone talking smack on here.

Aaaaaahhhh Capt. Mega, still pissed you didn't get hired @ Southwest.
I guess you can talk to your friend thats here and find out how bad it is anyway. You know the one that doesn't like me.

Has that actually happened. I'd guess it would have been from someone talking smack on here.

Happens all the time.

I interviewed at a legacy carrier in '01 and they specifically asked me not to post my experience on the internet, or pass any info along to the woman who did interview preps for that carrier. They felt it was compromising the process.

If you're going to post something, I would do it anono...annony...without using your name or specifics.

Well...Dean Melonas and Verna Kay from JB have frequented the boards, as has Rebekah Krone from SWA... I have no idea who has been on here from FedEx, but I expect some of our management occassionally peeks in. This is exactly why I sometimes remind guys to think before hitting "post reply" as you are not nearly as mysterious as you think you are.

If you really are sharing information, engaging in meaningful dialoge, and learning about the industry then this is a great tool. If you think you can spread "work action" campaigns or bad-mouth people or organizations with impunity, you are probably wrong.

I have met so many folks through these boards including some wonderful folks who encouraged me and helped me get ready when I was making my transition from the military. There is some humor, some BS, and some really good info mixed together. However--if you ever forget that there are people who "lurk" these boards that might be able to figure out who you are you might just embarass yourself every once in a while. So--post, play, and have fun--be don't be an idiot.

Last edited:
SWA/FO said:
Aaaaaahhhh Capt. Mega, still pissed you didn't get hired @ Southwest.

Uh, yeah, that's it!

I'm so bummed out that I don't have to suck up to ungrateful trailer trash and fly 5 legs a day, that I am going to keep applying and hoping that maybe, just maybe after the 6th time, SWA will finally think I am good enough. Then I can finally quit UPS!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back